Just a few quick bullets on the Bears 25-10 loss to the Chargers:
- It’s the preseason, so lighten up and don’t freak out about the score. That said, our Madden simulation wasn’t too far off. We predicted 34-10 Chargers. Hmmm.
- When Lovie promised that we’d see more of the starters, I thought he meant Cutler too, but I guess not. Cutty finished 2-2 for 47 yards.
- I saw a couple of nice things from the offense, namely a couple of nice passes to Johnny Knox.
- Aromashodu had a nice game, including a TD.
- Our offensive line did not impress, especially when the 1′s were in the game. The Chargers seemed to be in the backfield all day long. At one point, the announcers even commented on how the middle of the line (mind you, Kreutz was out of the game, but the other starters were in at guard) getting collapsed into the backfield.
- As a result, I wasn’t impressed with the running game. Forte didn’t exactly explode and fire off big runs.
- It stunk to see Caleb Hanie go down with a shoulder injury. We’ll see if it’s anything serious.
- On the other side of the ball, it was nice to see Brian Urlacher out there again. He caught my eye getting to Ryan Matthews along the sideline. He’s still got that sideline to sideline speed.
- It really bothered me that the Chargers were able to convert a 3rd and 10 against the #1 D. Typical soft spot in the Cover-2. ARGH! Someone fix this.
- Zack Bowman got beat for a TD. Not sure if he was expecting help over the top from Chris Harris, but didn’t look like #1 cornerback material.
- Lance Briggs had a horribly missed tackle deep in San Diego’s end. Part of the problem in not practicing tackling in camp. Fix this!
- Major Wright got a lot of time due to some injuries in the secondary. The kid looks the part. He’s another one who left the game with a finger injury. Hope it’s not too serious.
We’ll have more breakdown when more comes out on the injured Bears.
Attention Fantasy Football players. Join the best fantasy league around and thanks to our exclusive FanSided discount, get 50% off your new CBS Sports Commissioner League. Sign up today!