Since we’re on a short week, I’m trying to cram five days worth of stuff into four days, so here come some rapid fire notes as your 3-0 Chicago Bears close the book on the Packers and look forward to the New York Giants.
- For my guy Hunter, check out the block that Devin Hester lays on AJ Hawk on this 35-yard Johnny Knox reception. In fact, Bears’ color man Tom Thayer had it as his Play of the Week. And while we’ve got Thayer on the brain, let’s check out the home audio highlights from him and Jeff Joniak. He! Is! Ridiculous!!!
- Thayer takes a not-so-subtle shot at Devin Aromashodu when highlighting Hester’s block. DA doesn’t know what he did and doesn’t seem to be in a hurry to find out. Wise up, kid. This is probably your last shot. You’re too good of a wide receiver to wallow on the bench.
- Speaking of guys rotting on the bench, Lovie Smith doesn’t have any complaints about Tommie Harris and isn’t trying to send him a message by benching him. Why would anyone think that???
- Add Sports Illustrated’s Don Banks to the list of people dissing the Bears. He thinks we’re just lucky.
- After a 3-0 start, ESPN Chicago’s Afternoon Saloon host Carmen DeFalco had to pay off a bet he made with Lance Briggs in the form of a mohawk haircut. Check out the photo gallery. If you ask me, Briggs took it easy on him.
- Here’s an early look at the Bears-Giants game, where Accuscore predicts the Bears will lose by a field goal.
And finally, to any other My Blue Heaven fans, I’m gonna buy you a drink. I’m gonna buy you a flying Zombo!