Hey Gang! Week 6 is here and I know I am terribly late with this, but real life sometimes distracts my blog life. As always, you can always hit me on [email protected] right up until gametime of the early games or follow me on Twitter @DeCon76.
Teams on bye this week are: Cardinals, Bills, Panthers and Bengals, so hopefully because these teams don’t have many fantasy stars (I would argue 2 of those teams have NONE), you aren’t too severely impacted. Now check out my picks after the jump…
Guys I like
- Matt Cassel @ Houston – I am heavily invested in Texans players for my teams, but I want NO part of their DST. Ranked 31st overall and DEAD LAST against the pass. Matt Cassel might look like Matt Cassel circa 2008.
- Ryan Matthews @ St. Louis – I think they finally take the training wheels off this kid and let him rip it. I think Mike Tolbert’s 12 carries for 11 yards last week have proven he can’t get it done over the long haul, whereas Matthews had 9 carries for 59 yards. I expect them to go up big and let the kid run the clock out…HUGE DAY COMING!!!
- Ryan Torrain vs Indy – The Skins need to keep the ball out of Manning’s hands and I expect them to test the 29th ranked defense against the run to grind the clock down.
- Mike Wallace vs Cleveland – Wallace is the home run hitter for the Steelers and I expect Big Ben to work out the kinks on a couple deep balls to Wallace (pun intended).
- Bears DST vs Seattle – I hate to have repeats from week to week, but the Beloved ought to dismantle the Seahawks right from jump. I see lots of sacks, a pick-6 and a “Devin Hester You are Ridiculous” call from Jeff Joniak on its way Sunday!
- Steve Smith vs Detroit – This game is shaping up to be a bloodbath for the Lions and with all the attention that will be paid to Hakeem Nicks, I think Steve Smith finally shows up on the positive side of the ledger this week.
Guys I Don’t Like
- Peyton Hillis @ Pittsburgh – As much as I love this kid, I wish (for my fantasy teams’ benefit) they would just give him a week off. Being a little Dinged Up + Playing in Pittsburgh + A Rookie QBs 1st NFL Start = A Bad Day for the Feature Back. Can’t they just let the newly acquired Mike Bell take one for the team???
- Knowshon Moreno vs NY Jets – This goes for any Denver RB this week. The Broncos need to throw to win and they love to throw. Plus the Jets D is much tougher against the run than the pass.
- Kevin Kolb vs Atlanta – This is likely Kolb’s last stand for the season before the return of Michael Vick. I worry about Kolb trying to be perfect in hopes of keeping the starting gig against a stingy ATL DST that has a league leading 10 INTs on the season.
- Steven Jackson vs San Diego – I expect this one to be over before it starts and the Chargers D is tough against the run, so the Rams will have to try to pass for any success. I would consider other options if you have a deep bench, because SJax could be in for a long day.
- Calvin Johnson @ NY Giants – This is not about skill at all…CJ is a BEAST! You really have to read up on this right up until kickoff and see what kind of shape he is in. Right now, it appears he will play. My fear is he will give it a go more as a decoy than anything else. With Detroit’s bye week coming next week, the Lions may also decide to rest him, so you need to have Plan B on the ready Sunday morning around 11am CST.
CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?!?!?!
The DeCon has spoken, so let it be written, so let it be done…