I say, “why not?” Could he really do more harm to this offense? Bringing him here has many possible benefits:
- A proven receiver like Moss commands a double team; no other Bears receiver does. Some don’t even need to be covered at all. A double team on Moss opens things up elsewhere. Heck, maybe it even means one less guy to blitz Cutler.
- Moving Moss into a starting WR spot should move Devin Hester back to full time duty doing what he does best – returning kicks. Hester has shown that he’s back, so it’s time to strike while the iron is hot and get him as many touches as possible on special teams.
- It gives Jay Cutler that big target that he loves. Plus, it gives someone else for Jay to complain about running the wrong route, cutting off a route or missing an assignment.
- Moss in the hands of an offensive Mad Scientist like Mike Martz is like handing Doc Brown and stolen shipment of plutonium.
- Peanut Tillman can re-live the greatest moment of his career – stealing the ball from an in-his-prime-Randy-Moss in the end zone – over and over again in practice.
- If all else fails, you’ve got quotes like this for the next nine weeks:
(H/T to my sister, who proves she knows more than celebrity gossip and to Shutdown Corner for the video clip.)
Straight cash, homey!
Topics: Randy Moss