Matt Forte Shaves Head Instead of Holding Out

OK, we’re just kidding.  Chicago Bears running back’s Matt Forte did not shave his head in protest seeking a new deal.   But he did decide to report to camp on time amid rumors of a potential holdout.  He has been assured that the Bears will put some new paper in front of him:

“(A holdout) was a consideration,” he said. “I had to weigh my options. I thought about it. I kind of got my mind put to ease by (general manager Jerry Angelo). He had been in talks with my agent since the end of the lockout and even before that, and he kind of said that a deal would get done. He assured us repeatedly that a deal would get done.

“Where I’m from and how I was raised, when somebody gives you their word that goes a long way.”

“What (Angelo) told me was that a deal will get done,” Forte said. “He said I am a priority of his. Hopefully that means soon.”

A Forte would have been painful.  I’ve gone on record that I don’t think the Bears should overpay for Forte.  He’s solid but not spectacular.  I know, there’s been plenty of chatter about it since.  Feel free to post your additional comments on the subject.

Follow me on Twitter @BearGogglesOn and follow the new official site page @Bear_Goggles.  You can keep up with us on Facebook too.

BEAR DOWN!!!

Next Bears Game Full schedule »
Sunday, Oct 55 Oct1:00at Carolina PanthersBuy Tickets

comments powered by Disqus