Well kids…week 1 is in the books. My number one rule after week 1…DON’T PANIC!!! No overreacting to which stud you thought was going to have a big day, but didn’t (Chris Johnson) or which guy you kept on your bench (Mike Tolbert). Even the DeCon had a bad week…I kid, but seriously, I split, so I am pissed. All you can do now is look forward to next week and make the necessary adjustments. In that vain, I wanted to drop what I hope is a Tuesday ritual, the Waiver Wire Watch…check it out…on the other side…
- Cadillac Williams, RB, St. Louis - If you are a Steven Jackson owner, like me, you best get yourself a new ride for a few weeks and Cadillac fits the bill. He ran hard against the Eagles after replacing SJax and should see plenty of work until SJax is recovered. I am hopeful that SJax doesn’t miss more than a couple weeks at most, because he is one tough SOB.
- Jordy Nelson, WR, Green Bay – Did you draft James Jones in the hopes that he would ascend to the #2 WR in Green Bay? I didn’t either, but looks like Jordy Nelson is going to fit that bill at least for now. With 6 receptions for 77 yards and a TD, Nelson will be a hot commodity.
- Robert Meacham/Devery Henderson, WRs, New Orleans – Stop me if you have heard this one before…Meacham and Henderson will become more involved in the passing game? Well, Sean Payton doesn’t have a choice without the services of Marques Colston for the next 4 weeks and with Lance Moore being day to day. If you want to get one of these guys, I give a slight edge to Meacham, although both performed well against Green Bay in week 1.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB, Buffalo – After a 4 TD performance, Fitzpatrick will be firmly in the crosshairs of those owners with Eli Manning or Donovan McNabb (or if you are like my guy Irish, you have both of those jokers and need to make a deal with me). If you are in a sorry state at QB already, Fitzpatrick is a nice option, but I wouldn’t call him a lockdown QB1 just yet.
- Deji Karim, RB, Jacksonville – I am not sure what Jack Del Rio is smokin’ down there in Jacksonville, but Maurice Jones-Drew was seldom used in the second half of their game this week and it isn’t like the game was put away. Karim is intriguing in the event that something were to happen to MJD (GOD FORBID!!!), because there is no one else in Jacksonville who can carry the rock.
Hit me up at [email protected] if you have any questions about your squad or on Twitter @DeCon76.
CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?!?!?!?!
The DeCon has spoken, so let it be written, so let it be done…