If you are still reading my fantasy football posts, that means you are likely on to round 2 of your playoffs! Congrats so far, you are almost “in the money.” No time to rest on your laurels and no time to rest your studs, so click on over to the other side to see some of the “not so obvious” picks for this week…
Guys I Like
- Beanie Wells vs Cleveland – I know Rashard Mendenhall couldn’t get it done versus Cleveland last week, but I expect Beanie to bring it all day long. Cleveland’s offense appears to be coasting in 3 and out mode, so I expect the Cards to get a lot of opportunities with the ball.
- Shonn Greene @ Philadelphia – It feels good to feel good about Greene. I have long been invested in him in recent seasons and it appears to be finally paying off. With nearly 300 yards in his last 3 games and 4 TDs in his last 2, Greene looks primed to continue his roll against the pourous Philly D.
- Denarius Moore vs Detroit – Carson Palmer’s favorite target appears to be back in the fold and this game has shootout written all over it. If Moore plays, I think he has the upside to bring you a big payoff.
- Any and all Cowboys @ Tampa Bay – Tampa Bay mailed in their season last week and I expect a lot of fireworks from Dallas this week. Start your Cowboys…all of them!!!
- Marion Barber vs Seattle – Public Enemy #1 in the CHI this week, Barber is the type of RB to use his last poor game to fuel him this week. I truly expect him to ratchet up his intensity a few notches and if you are a displaced Matt Forte owner, Barber could be your ticket to your fantasy Championship this week.
Guys I Don’t Like
- Marshawn Lynch @ Chicago – The new Skittles spokesman should put a call into Willis McGahee to see how the sledding was against the Bears D in his 17 carry, 34 yard effort last week. Yeah, we all know how the game ended, but McGahee didn’t have a hand in the outcome and had a subpar game against a superior defense. I believe Lynch will have the same issues, so consider another option if you have one or throttle down your enthusiasm.
- Reggie Bush @ Buffalo – Nothing can cool Reggie off like a December game in Buffalo. I suspect the Bills to put up a heck of a fight at home against their archrival from South Beach.
- Reggie Wayne vs Tennessee – The Titans D has been playing inspired ball and Indy is just awful. How much do you think Wayne is hoping Manning can come back? Indy might have to throw to succeed against Tennessee, but I don’t expect much to go right for Reggie this week.
- Vincent Jackson vs Baltimore – If you have other options, you may want to consider them over Jackson. The Baltimore defense will get a boost this week with the return of Ray Lewis and I expect them to gameplan Jackson out of the game and force Rivers elsewhere. The only way SD can win is if they can get vertical, so I expect Baltimore to take that away.
- Michael Vick versus NY Jets – Vick is a huge gamble this week from a fantasy perspective. The Jets CBs are on lock down this season and Vick’s primary passing weapons, DeSean Jackson (diva) and Jeremy Maclin (injured) have their own issues. This is a classic boom or bust proposition. Chances are if you have gotten to round 2 of the playoffs, it is not because of Vick, so don’t rush to shoehorn him into your lineup now.
CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?!?!?!?!
The DeCon has spoken, so let it be written, so let it be done…