In case you missed it, here’s Phil Emery’s Introductory Press Conference, from Chicagobears.com.
A few of my quick thoughts after the jump.
A few notes from Phil’s acceptance speech, opening remarks.
- I found myself asking if Phil was named Chicago Bears GM or if he just won an Academy Award with all the “Thank you’s” to open the presser.
- Emery thanking Jerry Angelo? Should have thanked him for sucking at his job so much. Thanking him for showing him how to evaluate character? Uh, Tank Johnson, Cedric Benson and Sam Hurd would beg to differ.
- I like that Emery talks about taking a systematic approach and having a plan. To quote Jerry Angelo, “just because it didn’t work, doesn’t make it a bad plan.” Well Jerry, as a matter of fact, that’s exactly how you judge a plan. I digress. Couldn’t help taking a parting shot at Jerry.
- Emery had better command of the room than Jerry Angelo ever did.
- Don’t expect Emery to be forthcoming with information. He is from the Belichick mold of secrecy and cloak and dagger. I think that’s what endeared the McCaskeys to him.
What do you think of the Bears new GM? Are you willing to give him a chance or is this more business as usual for the Bears?