It’s hard to believe that Colts game was just 4 days ago because the Bears offense looks like it’s gone back to 2009 or so. Jay Cutler and the Bears offense can’t get anything going. Cutler hasn’t been able to get the ball to Brandon Marshall, who went from 15 targets in Week 1 to zero catches so far in the first half of Week 2. The defense has tried to hold their own, holding the Packers to field goals, except the Packers hung a fake field goal TD on Dave Toub’s special teams unit. A few more notes from the first half:
- J’Marcus Webb has not looked good, leading directly to a couple of Jay Cutler sacks. He’s been taken down 4 times in the half. Chris Spencer also led directly to another sack.
- Gabe Carimi had a dumb retaliation penalty to halt a Bears drive.
- Matt Forte’s biggest play of the first half was a blown assignment that led to another sack.
- Henry Melton had a sack of Aaron Rodgers.
- Rookie Shea McClellin with his first career sack too.
- Julius Peppers looks great playing inside on third downs.
- Aaron Rodgers really knows how to carve up the Bears Cover-2 defense. He can dink and dunk it with the best of them.
- The Packers gave the Bears a steady diet of Cedric Benson in the first half to the tune of 11 carries for 45 yards and 3 catches for another 30 yards. I HATE that guy!
Tune back in for my exciting post game notes of a Bears comeback.