This is 2012 and offense wins game right? Wrong! Since the NFL started way back in the late 20’s and 30’s defense and ball control offense wins championships with emphasis on defense! The Arizona Cardinals have played some serious defense the past two weeks by shutting down Tom Brady in Gillette Stadium and Michael Vick in the Desert! Kevin Kolb has played well enough since taking over at quarterback and they lead the way in this weeks power ranking!
1. Arizona Cardinals (3-0) They shocked everyone last week in New England and followed it up by destroying Mike Vick and the Eagles
2. Houston Texans (3-0) This could be the most complete team in the NFL if they can stay healthy. After two weeks of pounding the ball it opened up deep balls all over the Mile High arena
3. Atlanta Falcons (3-0) Matt Ryan looks better, Play calling looks even better! Entirely better than the past two season.
4. San Francisco 49ers (2-1) Alex Smith looked more like the old Alex Smith. One week hiccup or signal of things to come?
5. Baltimore Ravens (2-1) Big boy start to the season now they get a bye week…. the Cleveland Browns
6. NY Giants (2-1) After a crazy comeback they go on the road with seemingly half their roster injured and then they manhandle the Panthers. The heart of a champion!
7. Seattle Seahawks (2-1) With help from the 12th man and possibly 13th man are off to a good start with Wilson at QB
8. Chicago Bears (2-1) Defense is playing way better than expected, but the offense isn’t clicking yet. If both sides click this team could be very dangerous
9, Philadelphia Eagles (2-1) They continue to turn the ball over, this will not bode well if it continues. Mike Vick is getting hit routinely
10. Minnesota Vikings (2-1) Great win at home for Leslie Frazier against the 49ers. Can they keep the momentum up against the Lions
11. NY Jets (2-1) They should have lost but good teams find ways to win ugly games. Time will tell if this is a good team without Revis all season.
12. Dallas Cowboys (2-1) Top ranked defense gets its crack at Jay Cutler and the Bears offense next Monday night. Only giving up 137 yards a game through the air
13. New England Patriots (1-2) Their defense gave up over 500 yards to the Ravens. Tom Brady will need to keep his arm warm to win games if D doesn’t improve.
14. Cincinnati Bengals-(2-1) The Bengals have a -17 point difference through 3 games. The end to the winning is near
15. San Diego Chargers (2-1) Offense is really missing a healthy Gates he’s Phillip Rivers security blanket
16. Green Bay Packers (1-2) They got royally screwed by the refs. Couldn’t have happened to a better organization.
17. Detroit Lions (1-2) They are 1-5 in last 6 games with a TD/INt ratio of 13-1…. that’s not good defense!
18. Pittsburgh Steelers (1-2) That was a game they should have won and come December they will really wish they could replay it.
19. Buffalo Bills (2-1) Losing CJ Spiller for a week will hurt they high flying offense.
20. Washington Redskins (1-2) RG3 is very exciting but he can’t play on the defensive side of the ball
21. Tampa Bay Bucs (1-2) Too bad they don’t play defensive as hard all game long as they do on kneel down plays
22. Denver Broncos (1-2) Peyton Manning’s failed comeback is more exciting for the future than his opening game win.
23. New Orleans Saints (0-3) Drew Brees needs Sean Payton. The defense apparently need bounties?!?
24. Indy Colts (1-2) Luck will have plenty of great games in real and fantasy this year. Colts are dangerous on a weekly basis
25. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-2) MJD is Back. Memo to Bears defense that gets to see him in 2 weeks.
26. St Louis Rams (1-2) Can the ref call them St Louie every week? How about a pass more than 5 yards downfield??
27. KC Chiefs (1-2) Jamaal Charles is Back too!!!! Defensive coordinators around the AFC West sigh
28. Oakland Raiders (1-2) Top two best players are McFadden and Janikowski…That’s not a recipe for a lot of wins!
29. Carolina Panthers (1-2) Cam Newton and Steve Smith are feuding! This will not end well.
30. Miami Dolphins (1-2) Tannehill isn’t good and losing Reggie Bush will end their competitiveness for the foreseeable future.
31. Tennessee Titans (1-2) It took an NFL record 6 scoring plays of 60 or more yards and one of the biggest coaching blunders ever to get a win, not sure when the next win will happen.
32. Cleveland Browns (0-3) playing rookies playing out the string.. Wait a minute this isn’t the Cubs!! They are going to get blown out of the water by Baltimore Thursday night!
What’s your top 5 power rankings? Where do you put the Bears? Can’t wait to see if the Bears offense shows up next Monday night in Big D!!