They line up and you know what is coming and teams just can’t stop them. You are going to get a full dose of Arian Foster and usually Ben Tate and then when you start to bring up extra defenders the play action pass is going to destroy you. Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels seem to be wide open after the defense has to commit to stopping the run. They also have a solid defense to go with their offense which gets a lot of time off with the time possession eating up clock. It’s a recipe for success and winning and even though you know what is coming can anyone stop them? Here is this weeks power rankings.
1. Houston Texans (5-0) Very complete offensively and defensively. Foster is the best in the business!
2. San Francisco 49ers (4-1) I finally forgive them for their loss to the Vikings. They are destroying teams because Alex Smith is playing some very good football. They are racking up Madden stats both running and passing the ball.
3. Atlanta Falcons (5-0) Michael the Burner Turner still has gas in the tank as well as Tony Gonzalez. Matt Ryan struggled early but finished strong, true sign that he has turned the corner to being a great QB.
4. New England Patriots (3-2) The no huddle offense is unstoppable especially when they get close to balance with Ridley.
5. Minnesota Vikings (4-1) The offense is not spectacular but it’s also not turning the ball over. When will their defensive efforts slow down?
6. Chicago Bears (4-1) I’m glad the offense is still in progress, you want it to be firing on all pistons in December not October just ask the Packers last season! Briggs and Peanut back to back weeks is ridiculous
7. Baltimore Ravens (4-1) A road win is a road win but their new offense really didn’t click in KC. There is no style points but….
8. Arizona Cardinals (4-1) They may be a fraud. That was a really bad offensive effort on Thursday night. Kolb looked like the normal Kolb again. Running back position is dicey now with Williams injury.
9. NY Giants (3-2) Gave up tons of yards to the Browns. Their secondary is not very good, but Eli keeps bailing them out.
10. Philly Eagles (3-2) Turnovers Turnovers Turnovers.
11. Pittsburgh Steelers (2-2) Getting Mendenhall back help Big Ben who made a great game winning drive to set up the winning field goal against Philly
12. Miami Dolphins (2-3) They play tough weekly and Reggie Bush has turned from 3rd down specialist to a true star. Dan Carpenter has cost them 2 wins already.
13. Green Bay Packers (2-3) Their offense seems out of sync and they could lose Benson for 8 weeks. You can’t blame the refs for losing a 21-3 lead!
14. San Diego Chargers (3-2) Rivers is playing better than last season, but their defense was shredded by Brees and they get Manning next week Peyton that is!
15. Cincinnati Bengals (3-2) Tough home loss against the Phins. Green is a superstar, but their defense that was a strength is now a weakness.
16. Denver Broncos (2-3) Manning is starting to look great. The wins are going to start piling up quick if he continues to play at this level.
17. St Louis Rams (3-2) Jeff Fisher has this defense playing great. Sam Bradford needs to get the offense more vertical but lost his best receiver for more than a month.
18. Dallas Cowboys (2-2) Probably a long bye week after the turnover fest game against the Bears. Romo and Bryant have to play better than that this week.
19. Detroit Lions (1-3) Are they really a fraud or is Jim Schwartz the worst coach in the league?
20. Indy Colts (2-2) Luck took a huge step in his maturation Sunday! Game Ball to the entire organization.
21. Washington Redskins (2-3) They have to keep RG3 from getting blown up every time he leaves the pocket. He makes them exciting to watch.
22. Seattle Seahawks (3-2) If Cam doesn’t bounce pass the ball in the end zone they lose. Russell Wilson doesn’t look that good anymore.
23. New Orleans Saints (1-4) Will Sunday kick start their season or is it already too little too late.
24. Buffalo Bills (2-3) Did they even get off the bus in San Fran? When their defense is bad it’s really bad, so much for this being one of the best defensive units in the league!
25. Oakland Raiders (1-3) Hard to believe it’s been a year already since Al Davis passed away.
26. Tennessee Titans (1-4) What happend to Chris Johnson? Is he 26 going on 39?
27. NY Jets (2-3) Their offense is only trying to trick people now. It’s not good.
28. Carolina Panthers (1-4) Cam is suffering a serious sophomore slump.
29. Tampa Bucs (1-3) Do you think they practiced the kneel down defense during the bye week?
30. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-4) They have to get Marice Jones-Drew the ball more if they even have a chance to be successful, 12 touches is not enough.
31. KC Chiefs (1-4) Except for Charles why would you even buy a ticket to see this team.
32. Cleveland Browns (0-5) They at least had the Giants worried for a while. Rebuilding is fun right?