After weeks of wondering how good certain team are this year, it will not take long to find out who are the strong and who are the pretenders. A lot of big match-ups will be played the next few weeks including the Bears back to back match-ups with the Houston Texans and San Francisco 49ers. The Packers also have a big schedule after this weeks bye with Detroit and the NY Giants. Granted all the goal really is to be at the top of the power rankings after the Super Bowl, but in the next 2-3 week’s a lot will shake out on the road to the playoffs. Here’s this weeks rankings.
1. Atlanta Falcons (8-0)- The regular season won’t matter for the Falcons if they fall on their face again in the playoffs
2. Chicago Bears (7-1) The most dominating defensive effort since the Super season of 85. Charles Tillman is having an MVP season.
3. Houston Texans (7-1) They were sleepwalking in their win against the Bills. They will have to amp up the effort in Chicago Sunday night.
4. SF 49ers (6-2) They are the most physical team which plays great and are built to play with a lead. Alex Smith will need to continue his high level of play.
5. Green Bay Packers (6-3) They are on a roll no matter who is hurt or on the field. PSST Don’t make fun of Aaron Rodgers height……. he’s sensitive.
6. NY Giants (6-3) When they play their best they are unbeatable, but like this Sunday, teams can make Eli look pedestrian.
7. Pittsburgh Steelers (5-3) Guess who’s back?? They dominated the 4th quarter in the Meadowlands.
8. Baltimore Ravens (6-2) They survived Cleveland, it’s going to be a struggle the rest of the season without Ray Lewis on the field.
9. New England Patriots (5-3) One of the most inconsistent Pats teams in years.
10. Denver Broncos (5-3) They survived the hard part of their schedule and now Peyton and crew are on a serious roll.
11. Indy Colts (5-3) Andrew Luck is the real deal and no matter how many times ESPN played the locker room speech it put chills up my back! You can’t make these thing up.
12. Tampa Bay Bucs (4-4) Hello Doug Martin! The offense has turned a huge corner and this team could be tough to beat down the stretch.
13. Seattle Seahawks (5-4) Very good defense and Russell Wilson looks good, bad, good weekly.
14 Minnesota Vikings (5-4) They are starting to play to the level of their 2nd year quarterback but they are still way ahead of schedule.
15. Detroit Lions (4-4) It was the Jaguars but look out the Lions found themselves a running game!
16. Miami Dolphins (4-4) They played tough on the road in a big game but fell just short. Carpenter’s missed field goals will haunt them all off season.
17. San Diego Chargers (4-4) This team should win their division each season yet they are always average.
18. New Orleans Saints (3-5) Drew Brees have it figured out now that a defense has it figured out for a week look out Wild Card.
19. Dallas Cowboys (3-5) They have it all figured out…. how to find a way to lose. Locking out Jerry Jones was brilliant!
20. Arizona Cardinals (4-5) The textbook definition of nose dive.
21. Philly Eagles (3-5) The textbook 2nd definition of nose dive.
22. Cincinnati Bengals (3-5) The textbook 3rd definition of nose dive.
23. NY Jets (3-5) Did they work in some Tim Tebow plays during the bye week?
24. St Louis Rams (3-5) Jeff Fisher’s offense is wasting away a solid defense. Throw another screen Bradford.
25. Tennessee Titans (3-6) Bud Adams comments are a death nail to the entire coaching staff! Dead men walking!
26. Buffalo Bills (3-5) At least their skill players are on fantasy rosters.
27. Oakland Raiders (3-5) After two long Martin runs maybe they should have switched up their defense.
28. Washington Redskins (3-6) Mike Shanahan sounded like Bud Adams except he’s the coach not owner.
29. Carolina Panthers (2-6) They are better than their record shows except the fact that they cannot close games out.
30. Cleveland Browns (2-7) They are competitive while losing.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-7) Where will their be home in 5 years London or LA?
32. KC Chiefs (1-7) The stat of the weak- the Chiefs have trailed by 17 points or more in 5 games already this season!