They came in on a messy night in front of a national audience, and stole a game without their best offensive effort by far. They did go pretty conservative when they saw that Jason Campbell wasn’t going to be very vertical in the passing game, but it was the Houston Texans defense that propels them to first in the rankings this week. After getting destroyed at home by the Green Bay Packers a month ago, Sunday night was a huge test for the Texans that they passed bearly.
1. Houston Texans (8-1)- The most well rounded team in the NFL. Coach Kubiak summarized Foster’s 102 yards on the ground as the toughest he’s ever seen.
2. Atlanta Falcons (8-1) Another well rounded team, the good news with the defeat we hopefully don’t have to see Roddy White in front of a microphone until the playoffs.
3. Green Bay Packers (6-3) The hottest team in the NFL going into the bye week, and they have beaten both the Bears and Texans.
4. San Fransisco 49ers (6-2-1) This team struggles playing from behind, but at least they got a tie out of it. Smith’s status like Cutler’s will be a topic all week.
5. Chicago Bears (7-2) They need to bench Cutler the game after their 7th victory of the year so he will stop getting hurt in that game. Coach Tice has had 1/2 a season to get this offense improved..It’s go time from this point on!
6. Denver Broncos (6-3) The 2nd hottest team in the NFL and when Peyton gets a team on a roll they don’t lose for extended periods of time!
7. Baltimore Ravens (7-2) They will be tested mightily when they start playing good offensive teams. Ray Rice is a great player.
8. New England Patriots (6-3) They could have easily lost to the Bills Sunday, This has to be their worst defense in the past decade in New England.
9. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-3) Now that they have it figured out Ben gets hurt. No telling how long he will be out, but their back-ups will struggle like they all do in the NFL.
10. Tampa Bay Bucs (5-4) The break out of Doug Martin has help make their offense a difficult one to stop.
11. NY Giants (6-4) Remember when the NFC East was always spoke of as the most difficult in the NFL. Giants are on cruise control because the rest of the division stinks.
12. Seattle Seahawks (6-4) Their offense is scoring enough to go along with a very good defense. Golden Tate has made a huge jump this season.
13. New Orleans Saints (4-5) They are on a roll and nobody will want to have them as their opponent if they make the playoffs except for maybe Marshawn Lynch.
14. Minnesota Vikings (6-4) What Adrian Peterson has been able to do after an ACL injury is incredible and almost freeky!
15. Indy Colts (6-3) It’s the best story in the NFL and I find myself rooting for them more and more each week. Their schedule will be getting tougher now.
16. Detroit Lions (4-5) Their season could be at make it or break it mode this week against the Packers. MegaDrop is dead long live Megatron (at least in fantasy football)
17. Cincinnati Bengals (4-5) They looked like their season was going south quick and then they go out and dismantle the Giants! Who knew?
18. Dallas Cowboys (4-5) They will get on a roll until the next time they need a big play from Romo and he won’t deliver.
19. Miami Dolphins (4-5) What happened? How do you let a team that lost by 30 come into your house and take you behind the wood shed like that?
20. San Diego Chargers (4-5) Phillip Rivers is turning into Romo Jr with all of his turnovers. This team needs a new coach badly.
21.Tennesse Titans (4-6) A friend of mine that is a Titans fans said he was quitting football after last week, and still wouldn’t “totally” return after a 34 point win. No my friend isn’t Bud Adams.
22. St Louis Rams (3-5-1) They had the 49ers on the ropes without their starting QB and still only came away with a tie.
23. Buffalo Bills (3-6) They are exciting to watch with a team that puts up fantasy numbers, but they always faulter in the clutch.
24. NY Jets (3-6) This is a boring unwatchable team. Put Tebow in for the fans sake!
25. Philly Eagles (3-6) The fans got what they wanted in Foles, and yet the turnovers kept on coming!
26. Washington Redskins (3-6) I hope they talked coach Shanahan off the ledge during the bye week.
27. Arizona Cardinals (4-5) Their offense looks worse every week, maybe they practiced it during the bye week.
28. Carolina Panthers (2-7) This team has too many good running backs not to be leading the lead in this category or at least trying to.
29. Oakland Raiders (3-6) At least Carson Palmer is fantasy relevant in a pinch again.
30. Cleveland Browns (2-7) If they get to four wins is that considered a successful season?
31. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-8) They really know how to roll out the welcome mat to opposing teams arriving in Jacksonville!
32. KC Chiefs (1-8) They made an unwatchable game even longer by taking it to OT before losing this week!