It’s a weird season heading into week #14 when there are two teams with only one loss and nobody has any faith in them. Both teams have one way for the media to give them their due and that is to win come playoff time. The Texans have won one game in the past few years in the playoffs while the Falcons are 0-3. Regular season games get you to the dance, but it’s what you do at the dance that makes people remember you. Here are this weeks rankings.
1. Houston Texans (11-1) Just another business trip in a boring win. They have all facets of their game working right now which makes their offense hard to defend.
2. Atlanta Falcons (11-1) They just have a knack of finding a way to win except in January.
3. New England Patriots (9-3) Nobody will want to face this offense come January and their defense is improving weekly.
4. SF 49ers (8-3-1) The Colin choice could backfire on Harbaugh. He will play like a rookie throwing the ball at times.
5. Denver Broncos (9-3) The defense is playing well, Peyton is playing well, Do you think they miss Tebowmania now?
6. Baltimore Ravens (9-3) Way to give life to the Steelers! This may be a fraud team that should have lost to the Chargers the week before.
7. Green Bay Packers (8-4) It could be the Bears vs Packers in a couple of weeks for the division championship.
8. Indy Colts (8-4) There is something special going on in Indy.
9. Chicago Bears (8-4) So many chance to put the Seahawks away.
10. Seattle Seahawks (7-5) If Russell Wilson learns how to win on the road this team could be dangerous in January.
11. NY Giants (7-5) They will snap out of this right? They do every year right before the playoffs.
12, Pittsburgh Steelers (7-5) What a huge win orchestrated by Charlie Batch. Who knew?!?!?
13. Cincinnati Bengals (7-5) A.J. Green could be becoming the greatest wide receiver of the next 10 years.
14. Tampa Bay Bucs (6-6) They are playing too well to be only collecting Loses right now.
15. Washington Redskins (6-6) RG3 is well on his way to leading the Redskins to a Wild Card birth.
16. Minnesota Vikings (6-6) Ponder needs to snap out of it quickly! Just not this week!
17. Dallas Cowboys (6-6) Shocking that they are .500?!? Pretty sure that’s Jason Garrett’s career record.
18. New Orleans Saints (5-7) So much for their hot streak…. Hope Brees’s bad day didn’t cost you in fantasy football.
19. St Louis Rams (5-6-1) This team could be dangerous with a NFL passing game. Jeff Fisher’s defense is playing good football.
20. Detroit Lions (4-8) They are turning into the Cowboys… in finding ways to lose.
21. Miami Dolphins (5-7) Tannehill is way more impressive than I thought he would be especially without many weapons.
22. Buffalo Bills (5-7) Their defense is starting to play like they were predicted to play before the season.
23. Cleveland Browns (4-8) Their defense is the reason they are competitive in most games and their young offense is starting to help win the games.
24. Tennessee Titans (4-8) They give up a lot of points in Nashville!
25. Arizona Cardinals (4-8) Another defense getting wasted by one of the worst offenses in the BCS I mean NFL.
26. San Diego Chargers (4-8) Another waste of talent. Please move on from Norv.
27. Carolina Panthers (3-9) Cam seems to have snapped out of his funk. maybe
28. NY Jets (5-7) I’m so tired of listening to talk radio worrying about Mark Sanchez and company
29. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-10) Henne at least looks like a NFL QB.
30. Oakland Raiders (3-9) It seems like a lifetime ago when they were a great franchise.
31. KC Chiefs (2-10) Very good game by Brady Quinn.
32. Philly Eagles (3-9) This team is done. They will not win again until 2013 providing we all dodge the Mayans!