The NFL season is on the horizon, so it’s time to for our Week #1 Power Rankings. Every season there are teams that surprise and teams that are major disappointments, while teams start out hot and fade while teams catch fire late in the season to make a push for the playoffs. Week #1 power ranking should be a picture of what the final rankings will look after the Super Bowl in February, but we all know they usually are way off yet they are fun to look back 17 weeks later. That being said here is our first power ranking.
THE BOTTOM FEEDERS
32. Jacksonville Jaguars-This is the worst franchise is the NFL, there best receiver is suspended for four games and they are stuck with a cast of bad quarterbacks to start with including Blaine Gabbert who is regressing. The Jaguars will be lucky to scratch out 2 wins all season.
31. Oakland Raiders- After watching the Raiders in pre-season Week #3 there is one word to describe this franchise–Awful or Committment to Mediocrity. The only thing going right for the Raiders is they play in the worst division in the NFL the AFC West.
30. New York Jets- They didn’t look very good with Mark Sanchez on the field, but now he’s hurt after being left in during the 4th quarter of a meaningless pre-season game. The Jets should be one of the best train wrecks of the season to watch week in and week out.
29. Tennessee Titans- The Titans talent starts and ends with Chris Johnson. They have no passing game and their defense is not even close to what Jeff Fisher would bring season after season. Another long season in Nashville awaits the Titans.
28. Buffalo Bills- Kevin Kolb could be done for the rest of his career! Kolb was supposed to be the missing piece to replace the turnover machine offense from a year ago. Every year Buffalo is a team on the rise, but every year in the end they have a high draft pick.
27. San Diego Chargers- Remember when the Chargers were a team that just couldn’t start out fast. This was a team that didn’t lose in November and December, but now they lose on a regular basis. They play in the AFC West so 8-8 could win the division.
26. Philadelphia Eagles- Welcome to rebuilding season Eagles fans! They have been hurt a lot in training camp which hurts Chip Kelly in Season #1. Kelly has a lot to prove in year #1 with a fanbase that has no patience.
25. Kansas City Chiefs- There are experts picking the Chiefs to win, but are they ignoring the fact the Alex Smith is their quarterback? The Chiefs could win the division, but I see them more like a 5-11 team than a 9-7 team.
24. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Josh Freeman’s year to shine, but will he be up to the challenge? Freeman’s passing yards have increased each season, but so has his interceptions at a faster rate.
23. Arizona Cardinals- Carson Palmer has arrived to help out Larry Fitzgerald. Their offense will be a good fantasy offense, but will the defense be able to keep up? Probably not but it could be a fun season in the desert.
22. Detroit Lions- I never trust the Lions whether in fantasy or picking them to win on a weekly basis. They are a better version of the Cardinals with Stafford and Megatron being fantasy superstars, but in the end what does that win you on Sundays
21. Cleveland Browns- The youngest team in the NFL played pretty good in the 2nd half of the season, so will they carry it over to 2013 or will they just be the Browns again.