Week 2 is in the books. There are eight 2-0 teams including five AFC teams while the NFC East took their turn going winless this weekend. There are some surprise teams, including our Bears and the Chiefs and Dolphins in the undefeated column and a few perennial playoff teams that have a tough road ahead of them like the Giants and Steelers with goose eggs in the win column.
Here are my Power Rankings heading into Week 3:
32. Jacksonville Jaguars (0-2) (Last week: 32) If there was a 33 or 34, they’d be ranked that low.
31. Cleveland Browns (0-2) (28) Brandon Weeden injury could make matters worse.
30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-2) (25) There’s a mutiny brewing in Tampa against coach Greg Schiano. That’s oddly fitting.
29. Oakland Raiders (1-1) (31) If you beat the Jaguars, does it really count?
28. New York Jets (1-1) (29) Things got ugly in Patriots loss, but that might be the tip of the iceberg.
27. Carolina Panthers (0-2) (21) Late pass interference call gives the Bills a chance…
26. Buffalo Bills (1-1) (30) …and EJ Manual earns his first career win
25. Pittsburgh Steelers (0-2) (26) Offensive woes continue with no running game.
24. Minnesota Vikings (0-2) (24) Ponder’s days at the helm could be numbered.
23. New York Giants (0-2) (22) Maybe the NFC East isn’t all that?