With day five of training camp in the books, here are some news and noteworthy topics straight from Bourbonnais.
- Craig Steltz (groin), Chris Conte (shoulder), Kyle Long (viral infection), and Terrence Toliver (foot) did not practice today.
- Long has been cleared to practice, and the plan is to have him do some conditioning over the next few days. According to Trestman, “He’s got to get his legs back underneath him. I think by Saturday night, you’ll see him in pads.”
- CB Tim Jennings was limited in practice due to a groin injury, and although he took reps in individual drills, he was held out during full team work. With Jennings out, rookie Kyle Fuller worked into Jennings place, and took reps with the starting defense.
- During a pass rush drill vs. Jeremiah Ratliff, Tackle Eben Britton injured his left hamstring, and was carted off the field. Club officials expect Britton to be day-to-day.
- Danny McCray and Ryan Mundy took reps with the number 1′s, while Brock Vereen and Adrian Wilson took reps with the number 2′s.
- DT Jeremiah Ratliff was given the day off. Rookie Will Sutton took his place at the 3-technique position.
- According to Kevin Fishbain of Chicagofootball.com, backup center Taylor Boggs stood out in practice today, fending off Ego Ferguson and Nate Collins.