Chicago Bears 2021 fantasy football review; 2022 outlook
Darnell Mooney, WR – Chicago Bears fantasy football outlook
Next up we will look at one of only two wide receivers currently under contract in 2022.
- Week 4 vs. DET: 5 catches on 7 targets for 125 receiving yards. 18.5 fpts. WR15 overall
- Week 5 vs. GB: 5 catches on 8 targets for 45 yards. TD. 15.5 fpts. WR21 overall
- Week 9 @ PIT: 3 catches on 6 targets for 41 yards. 2 total TDs. 20.6 fpts. WR5 overall
- Week 11 vs. BAL: 5 catches on 16 targets for 121 yards. TD. 23.1 fpts. WR4 overall
- Week 12 @ DET: 5 catches on 8 targets for 123 yards. 17.5 fpts. WR15 overall
- Week 17 vs. NYG: 7 catches on 13 targets for 69 yards. TD. 19.9 fpts. WR11 overall
- Week 18 @ MIN: 12 catches on 16 targets for 126 yards. 24.6 fpts. WR11 overall
In my Darnell Mooney pre-season article, I referenced how he was being drafted as the WR50 for fantasy and could finish as high as the WR34. The idea that he was being drafted too low was accurate, but I was too modest as he finished as the WR27 overall.
Mooney was one of the better surprises for a lot of people this year in fantasy. The above weeks finishing inside the top 15 and even the top five are huge for a player that was being drafted as 50th for the position before the season.
He was the Bears’ WR1, having games of high targets and huge yardage. Four games of 120+ receiving yards should raise everyone’s eyebrows. The connection with Justin Fields, who can hit the deep ball, is one that can be very relevant for the long run in fantasy.
I expect the Bears to make a move for another WR and let Allen Robinson depart in 2022. Will Darnell Mooney be the team’s WR1? I am not entirely sure but I do see him having consistent targets and being a threat to have high-yardage games on any given day. My early prediction for Darnell Mooney is to be within a similar range, being a 25-32 WR for fantasy.