I still need some time to sift through the rest of the slate this week, but I wanted to give you some thoughts on the game tonight featuring the Miami Dolphins @ the Carolina Panthers. I actually think this could be a great game, although I will say for the record, I HATE THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL. Not only do the players have significantly less time to rest, but it just screws up the whole rhythm of fantasy football in my opinion.
Guys I Like in This Game
- DeAngelo Williams – Miami’s rush D is stingy about yards allowed, but they have also allowed 10 rushing TDs, which is the 4th highest total in the NFL. D-Will is a stud and despite him not practicing yesterday, expect him to play as Carolina has very quietly crept up to the fringe of the bubble teams. Plus, he will have 10 days to rest after this one.
- Ricky Williams - My good friend’s know, I have always been a supporter of Ricky and I have never ever smoked dope. Just always liked his attitude on the field to fight for yards and I think he will have a good game, especially since Ronnie Brown is now out for the season.
- Steve Smith - Delhomme hasn’t thrown a INT in the last 3 games…as a Bears fan, I wish I could say that about our QB. That said, Jake is limiting his mistakes and starting to find Steve Smith again, so I say ride the hot hand and get Smitty active tonight. Also, it doesn’t hurt that the Miami D ranks 27th against the pass.
Guys I Don’t Like in this Game
- Chad Henne – The Panthers D has been getting after people and have played against prolific passing teams in AZ and NO. If Miami doesn’t limit its passing attempts to like 10 for this game, Mr. Henne could be in some trouble.
- All Miami WRs – See Chad Henne above.
- Jake Delhomme - I like Steve Smith this week, but I don’t want you to read into the fact that I think Jake will have a stellar week. While I think he should be good for 1 or 2 TDs (hopefully to Smitty), he is still combustible to the point where he could surpass his TD total with INTs…sound like any other QBs you might follow that wears an orange hat on the sidelines???
One stat I found pretty telling related to the game tonight is that aside from the Week 1 thumping the Panthers suffered at the hands of the Eagles and in which Jake Delhomme was yanked early, the Panthers have been competitive in every other game and are undefeated (4-0) when Delhomme has 25 or fewer pass attempts. So, this is one reason I don’t like Delhomme as a fantasy QB, but I think perhaps the Panthers have realized they are still a running team and will continue to exploit teams with one of the best RBBC set-ups in the league with DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart. I expect this recipe to continue and I expect the Panthers to get to .500 tonight.
GOOD LUCK TONIGHT!!!
Can I get an “Amen?”
The DeCon has spoken…so let it be written, so let it be done…
I’ll hear your fantasy football confessions at [email protected].