With Round 1 in the rearview mirror, it’s time for the Bears to get busy. Hopefully the Bears spent the night turning over every stone to make the most of their 5 picks. Here are my Fearless Predictions for the 2010 Chicago Bears Draft:
- No matter who they take and when they take him, this will be the player the Bears targeted all along.
- They will be shocked that he fell to them where they drafted.
- They will love his athleticism.
- They will believe that he can contribute immediately.
- They will at least attempt to trade down. Jerry Angelo likes to hoard draft picks and with only 5 picks, he’ll get an itch.
- Whoever they select may or may not be able to jump out of a swimming pool.
- The Bears will draft a defensive linemen. They always do.
- They will draft at least one offensive lineman. Because they desperately need one.
- They will get someone for the secondary, but not necessarily a safety in round 3.
We’ll see how I do. For the Bears’ sake, I hope they do better than me.
Thanks to my other blog, Fire Lovie Smith, I’ll be on WGN Radio’s ChicagoNow Radio on Saturday morning at 11:30 AM Central to discuss the Bears, the draft and the release of the 2010 schedule. Check it out!