Just a couple of notes from the Bears weekend:
- Family Night was on Friday at Soldier Field. Over 26,000 people attended. More people are attending Bears practice than Cubs games in case you were wondering if this is a Bears town.
- One of the more significant moves from Friday’s practice was a shuffle on the offensive line, moving Roberto Garza to left guard and Lance Louis to right guard. If this move sticks, it could be Tice trying to solidify one side of the line, lining the steady Garza next to left tackle Chris Williams.
- After a day off on Saturday, the Bears were back at it in Bourbonnais on Sunday. Major Wright was back on the practice field for the first time in a few days.
- In case you’re waiting for for your Mike Teel jersey from the Bears Pro Shop, you may want to see if they will cancel your order. The Bears cut the 4th QB who pulled a hammy shortly after showing up to Bears camp. They picked up another former Northwestern wide receiver Zeke Markshausen to take his roster spot.
- Apparently Jay Cutler and Greg Olsen had themselves a nifty little practice on Sunday night.
- Add Devin Hester to the list of guys banged up. He’s got a groin.
OK, you should be all caught up from the weekend. Now the Bears can start getting prepared for their first pre-season action with a trip to San Diego on Saturday.