Two weeks in the books, man, how time flies…coming off a 3-0 week with my squads and an impressive Bears victory over Dallas, I couldn’t be happier. Let’s review Week 2 from the NFL:
- Jay Cutler is a tough S.O.B. and solid QB. Sure, he was on my list of people I didn’t like last week, but I am damn glad sure I was wrong. After nearly getting killed on the first 3 series of the game, JC and Martz adjusted (something we aren’t used to in Chicago) and produced results for the offense.
- Demaryius Thomas from Denver is going to be the hot waiver wire guy this week and with good reason. McDufuss loves him and the Broncos like to throw the ball around. Go get him if you are thin at WR.
- I told you to go get Mark Clayton last week, so if you didn’t listen and he is still available, go get him this week. Sam Bradford likes him and there really is no one else he has to throw to right now.
- UPDATE – NO SOONER DID I PUBLISH THIS THAT ANDY REID HAS ANNOUNCED MIKE VICK WILL START IN WEEK 3. AMAZING!!! IGNORE THE NEXT 2 SENTENCES. Drop Mike Vick…Kevin Kolb is back and Andy Reid has too much invested in him to put his faith in a QB they won’t sign next year. Come hell or high water or another concussion, Kolb is the man and I think he will be solid this year. Juicy matchup this week too vs Jacksonville.
- Ryan Matthews, Maurice Jones-Drew and Jamaal Charles will be fine…don’t give up on them yet. If you don’t have them, you might be able to trade for them on the cheap.
- Is it me or is Joe Flacco taking steps backwards this season? You likely have to stick with him now because you can’t drop him and you’ll only get fleeced on a trade.
- Beanie Wells is likely coming back this week…Tim Hightower owners should montior this closely.
- Darren McFadden looks like he finally “gets it,” but with Michael Bush coming back, it could be a chance to sell high on him.
Waiver Wire Moves to Make
- Mark Clayton, Rams – if you didn’t listen last week, listen now.
- Demariyus Thomas, Broncos – tall and raw, but will be an impact player this season.
- Mike Williams, Bucs – 2 weeks, 2 TDs and a favorite target of Josh Freeman
- Chris Ivory, Saints – Longshot to take the Pierre Thomas role in Nola while Pierre Thomas moves to the recently vacated Heisman Reggie Bush role.
- Kyle Orton, Broncos – Proved to be serviceable if you have any depth concerns at QB and good for a spot match-up here and there.
CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?!?!
The DeCon has spoken, so let it be written, so let it be done.
Hit me in the comments or at [email protected] or on Twitter @ DeCon76.