Bears 3-0 and in FIRST place in the NFC North and last Undefeated Team in the NFC? CHECK CHECK!!!
It wasn’t the best played game I have ever seen and the 62 penalties for 534 yards on the Packers are one reason why, but the Bears EARNED that victory. They never gave up and as I mentioned in my rivaly blog, they showed PRIDE!!! Whether they earned respect is another question entirely. After the game, ESPN Analyst, Steve Young was the first to comment on how the Packers gave the game away with penalties and mistakes. NO MENTION whatsoever was made of how the Bears fought and fought and fought some more when the Offense couldn’t cash in on golden opportunities and the Defense stepped up and proved why the Bears belong in the discussion of one of the best teams in the NFC through 3 weeks. I am ecstatic, elated, a little drunk and tired after cheering for the Beloved from a foreign land where I thank God almighty He saw it fit to have a sports bar showing NFL games!!!
Boomer will have some deeper, better thought out analysis of the game once he gets back from Soldier Field, but here is what I saw:
- Tommie Harris was a healthy scratch??? WTF??? Lovie will need to explain this one or does he have to? The Bears D looked fine without him, but why he was held out of the most important game since Superbowl XLI is a mystery to me at this point.
- Respect for Chris “Boomer” Berman (not to be confused with our very own Boomer) was knocked down quite a few notches. Not because he picked the Packers to win, but because he referred to Julius “Giardinera” Peppers in the pre-game show on ESPN and commented on how it tastes good on brats…uh, Boomer, Chris, whatever, in Chicago, giardinera (Marconi Giardinera to be exact) is loved on Italian Beef, Sausage or Combo SAMMICHES, NOT BRATS!!! Get a clue, then get a life…your routine is old and I know I could do better, but I would never leave you fine people to suck from the teet of the Corporate nipple.
- Devin Hester…where ya been Soulja Boy??? Nice to see Devin pop a punt return for a TD as predicted by OUR Boomer in his pregame blog.
- Clay-mation??? Who are you and did you play in this game??? The Bears O-line while shaky at times held up well and limited the Packer phenom to 2 tackles and NO sacks!!! Could the O-lines problems just be a result of Martz’s 7-step drops and something we need to accept as a fandom??? Well, we’re 3-0 and I’ll take it.
- PRIDE!!! The defense could have easily folded on the Packers last drive when it looked like Rodgers could throw the ball wherever he wanted to, but they hung in there and Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher turned in what was the play of the season so far when they stripped the Packers WR James Jones of the ball allowing for Tim Jennings to make an outstanding recovery IN BOUNDS which lead to Solid Gould’s game winning FG.
- On the negative side, the running game never really got going against a Packers D that has given up a ton of yards in the run game.
- APB out for Devin Aromashodu…Martz…this guy’s a playmaker, but what the hell, you’re the genius, so I will give you a pass.
- Lovie…questionable 4th and goal call AGAIN, but I FIRMLY believe it was the right thing to do. You’re at home against your archrival with the crowd behind you, not to mention the D was playing well and if Dez Clark used one more tube of stick ‘em, he makes that catch. In the end, the defense held and the rest is, as they say, history!!!
All is all, a GREAT night to be a Bears fan…not the best game they have played this season, but the goal is to win the game, which they did. Now…on to RESPECT…have the Bears earned it from the pundits??? Does anyone really care??? I know I don’t…
CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?!?!?
The DeCon has spoken, so let it be written, so let it be done…
P.S. To those Packer fans I saw at the bar south of the border who wouldn’t know a footbal from a futbol…SUCK IT, CHICOS!!!