I want to apologize for those looking for a waivers blog from me this week. Work has strongly detracted from my blogging prowess this week, but hey, it is what pays the bills so I have to prioritize my time. Week 4, according to my guy, Hunter, is what separates the men from the boys. Don’t forget the bye weeks start this week, so sit all your Cowboys, Bucs, ViQueens and Chiefs. Nearly 1/3 of your regular season will be complete after this week, so come strong or don’t come at all…come to think of it…that’s what she said…here we go with my abbreviated picks, but you can always hit me on [email protected] or on Twitter @DeCon76…
Guys I like
- Ryan Matthews vs Arizona – The kid is back with only 1 week missed from a high ankle sprain, but the Bolts need all hands on deck to keep them in the hunt. I expect Matthews to finally earn that 1st or 2nd round draft status this week against a AZ D ranked 31st against the run.
- Greg Jennings vs Detroit – Jennings has been a fantasy disappointment thusfar this season, but expect him to have a big week against the lowly Lions.
- Peyton Hillis vs Cincy – Is Hillis for real? Anyone who puts up 180 total yds against Baltimore has to get a look. If he is still available in your league, nab him quick!
- Arian Foster @ Oakland – With AJ being a gametime decision and having to face Nambi Asohmgwa, or whatever his name is, if he does play, look for Houston to establish the run early and often against a Raider D that has allowed an average of 133 yds rushing.
- Marques Colston vs Carolina – I think Drew Brees has heard about Colston’s lack of production and I look for him to get the ball to Colston often. Colston leads the team in targets through 3 weeks and I expect him to be targeted a lot on Sunday.
Guys I Don’t Like
- Ahmad Bradshaw vs Da Bears – The Bears D has looked outstanding vs the run allowing 119 yards rushing through THREE GAMES.
- Donovan McNabb @ Philly – I think the return of #5 to his former city is too much for Donovan who has a history of caving under pressure.
- Brandon Lloyd @ Tenn – Lloyd was probably a hot commodity on the waiver wire this week, but against the 5th ranked D against the pass that has only allowed 1 passng TD this season, expect Lloyd to come back to earth in what is setting up to be a low scoring affair.
- Steven Jackson vs Seattle – I don’t like groin injuries any more than the next guy and while SJax will likely suit up to play, I don’t think he’ll be a factor against an agressive Seattle D. I know it is hard to bench him, but if you have options, you may have to make that bold decision.
- Rashard Mendenhall vs Baltimore – This will be a 10-7 game with points very hard to come by. Sit Mendenhall who has to face a D that got gashed by Peyton Hillis and looks to atone for that.
CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?!?!?!
The DeCon has spoken, so let it be written, so let it be done.