There is a ton of stuff out there so it’s time for some rapid fire news and notes as the Bears start to prepare for the Donovan McNabb and the Redskins:
- Notable players like Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs, Danieal Manning, Chris Harris and Zack Bowman sat out Wednesday’s practice while rookie safety Major Wright got back into the mix. Hope none of these is too serious.
- Barry Turner was promoted from the practice squad. They signed Ervin Baldwin to the practice squad.
- Mike Martz recognizes the need for balance. At least he says so. Don’t feel bad – I don’t believe him either.
- Mike Tice is a freaking genius with this quote:
“There’s a reason sometimes, young linemen look like they don’t know what they’re doing because, usually, they don’t.”
Fear not, Bears fans. Your offensive line woes are getting fixed by this guy!
- Jay Cutler spoke to the media on Wednesday. Some of his quotes make me think he’s still concussed.
- Mike Shanahan is still a big fan, by the way and never worried about Jay’s concussions. Then again, he rarely got sacked under Shanny.
- Rex Grossman returns to Soldier Field on Sunday. He expects to hear some boos. Don’t disappoint him!
- If you’re trying to get the Halloween Spirit, Windy City Gridiron has these sweet Bears-themed pumpkin carving templates.
I have a very exciting contest to announce later on Thursday, so stay tuned.