Greetings Gang…I am back from my brief hiatus which was a little longer than I had expected, but hopefully Hunter did you some good a couple weeks back. Last week, Mrs DeCon had a nasty bug of some sort, so I had extra responsibility watching over the Baby DeCons and time slipped away from me. So, to make amends, I figured I would do a Week 8 review including guys you should consider adding to your squads as the playoff inch nearer and nearer…
Week 8 Review
- Arian Foster is that damn good!!! I know he had a bigger day against Indy the first time out, but as a Foster owner, I just loved the garbage time check downs that only inflated his numbers. While he is a quality back, he is even a better fantasy player because he is so involved in what the Texans want to do. I love me some garbage points!
- I HATE Norv Turner!!! If Ryan Mathews isn’t good in all pass protections and it is coming on Week 9, who’s fault is that??? Uh, Norv, I am talking to you! Get this kid way more touches and you won’t need to throw the ball 50 times a game. That said, as a Mathews owner, I am going to keep trotting him out there most weeks expecting the big payday.
- Who is this Moss guy? I am speaking of the one from New England…no wait…Minnesota…no wait…the one that was just released, yeah that’s the one. I don’t know what the hell is happening on that Love Boat, but perhaps Issac served Old Chilly one too many Mai Tais. I know this, Randy Moss’ future in the NFL will likely be longer than Chilly’s…what an idiot!!! The DeCon’s prediction on where Moss lands…New England!!! Regardless, he will be employed in the next day.
- Peyton Manning keeps on keeping on. The polar opposite of Gramps in every way imaginable and possibly the greatest fantasy player of all time. I love watching him carve up defenses.
- What in the world is happening in Washington? Only Shanny could stand there with a straight face and try to convince the media that Rex Grossman was a better option than Donovan McNabb in a 2 minute drill. That is an absolute joke. Thank God they are on a bye week this week to try to sort things out there. Until further notice, stay away from anyone on that team except Ryan Torain, who even got a little knicked up this week.
- Beanie Wells becomes the starter…and then he gets hurt again. It isn’t ability with this kid, but he has the heart of a squirrel. If he can ever man up, I think he could be a fantasy beast. That said, monitor his situation this week because if he is healthy, he could be a sneaky start against the ViQueens who just got gashed by BenJarvus Green-Ellis.
- LeGarrette Blount the king of the second half? Well, he sure looked good the last 2 weeks and with Cadillac Williams running on empty, he would be a nice grab off the waiver wire.
Waiver Wire Adds
- Jacob Tamme, TE, KC – Likely still available in your league, but even more likely to be gone after this week. Perhaps the second coming of Dallas Clark?
- LeGarrette Blount, RB, TB – Will be the #1 add in all leagues this week. If you won the waiver wire derby this week, you can likely use him.
- Steve Breaston, WR, AZ – He came back in a big way this week. Not sure if he can sustain it with the QB uncertainty there, but you could do worse.
- Clinton Portis, RB, Washington – He is getting closer and could eat into Torain’s carries. If you have Torain and an extra spot, you might want to stash him. He is likely a couple weeks out from playing.
- Sidney Rice, WR, Minnesota – Maybe he is closer to coming back than we all know given Moss’ release. Then again, Chilly is an idiot, so who knows.
- Matthew Stafford, QB, Detroit – Probably too late for this one, but I picked him up in 2 leagues during their bye week and I expect to ride him for the second half of the season. If you need a QB, you might be able to get him at a reasonable price.
See you all later in the week for my Week 9 picks…until then…
CAN I GET AN AMEN!?!?!?!?
The DeCon has spoken, so let it be written, so let it be done!!!