Unlike Beanie Wells, the DeCon is gonna play hurt this week!!! I have a nasty head cold or something I sense coming on, so I wanted to get something out to you before I need to try some meds. Week 9 is here and whether you need to solidify your playoff position or scratch and claw for a spot (yeah, Brotherhood League, I’m coming and you better recognize) the DeCon has you covered up, down and sideways. Hit me at [email protected] with any questions right up until gametime of the early games.
Six teams are on a bye and they include a lot of star power: Broncos, 49ers, Jaguars, Titans, Rams and Redskins so be prepared!
Check out the rest of my picks after the jump…
Guys I like
- LaDanian Tomlinson @ Detroit – I think LT heard this week how people think he is slowing down this season and I think he’ll unleash hell on the Lions. Not to mention, Mark Sanchez can’t seem to get the passing game going. Shonn Greene might even get in on the fun too.
- Owen Daniels vs SD – Monitor Daniels status, but if he is a go, which I expect, he could be a great start this week. SD gives up a lot of points to TEs and after last week, I think Matt Schaub is going to be looking to get Daniels more involved to open up the passing game with Andre Johnson.
- BenJarvus Green-Ellis @ Cleveland – While I generally stay away from Pats players not named Brady, did you see The Law Firm run last week?!?!? Impressive!!! I just hope Belacheat saw it too and tries to exploit a run defense in the bottom half of the league.
- Pierre Garcon @ Philadelphia – With Asante Samuel all over Reggie Wayne and the Eagles LBs trying to figure out if Jacob Tamme is the next Dallas Clark, I think Garcon will be the forgotten man by everyone except Peyton Manning.
- IDP LEAGUE LOVE – Julius Pepper @ Buffalo by way of Toronto – I usually stay away from IDPs, because I don’t run any leagues with them involved, but I think this is the week Julius Peppers earns his paper!!!
Guys I Don’t Like
- LeGarrette Blount @ Atlanta – Is anyone else sick of hearing how good Rahim Morris thinks the Bucs are? I guarantee the Falcons are and after a bye week, I think they are gonna make sure the whole TB team knows they have been sick of it for 2 weeks. I like Blount longer term, but not these week, gang.
- Dwanye Bowe @ Oakland – Hard for me to say this, but Oakland could be for real! Bowe could very easily be a guy I like if Nnamdi Asomugha doesn’t play, so watch out for his injury status on Sunday. My bet is Asomugha plays at this point.
- Dallas DST @ Green Bay – Uh, did you see what the Jags did to Dallas this week? Well, Dallas, meet Aaron Rodgers and a real offense.
- Calvin Johnson vs NY Jets – I know he is generally a must start, but after watching Revis Island and the Jets shut down the Packers offense, aside from Mason Crosby, last week, I am afraid, very afraid. Don’t take too many other chances on your lineups if you are starting Megatron.
- Marshawn Lynch vs NY Giants – If last week’s 7 rushing yards by The Beast wasn’t enough for you, this week he is playing without his starting QB as Matt Hasselbeck is concussed against the # 2 defense in the NFL who really like to hurt people…ask Jay Cutler.
As you can see, except for Pepp and a pain reference for JC, there are no Bears I would start this week against the 0-7 Buffalo Bills. They need to show me something first…enough said…
CAN I GET AN AMEN!?!?!?!?
The DeCon has spoken, so let it be written, so let it be done!!!