We’re going to try to make an effort here at Bear Goggles On to bring back Bear Dawn. We’ll link a handful of Bears stories that you might like to start your day and get you caught up on the relevant Bears news of the day. I’m hoping to get Gavin back in the mix as his schedule allows, but in the meantime, you’ll have to settle for me. On with the links:
- Rick Telender thinks the Bears just beat up their little brother. What’s the matter Rick, you actual want them to pick on someone their own size??? They’ll have plenty of chances in the second half of the season, but you may just realize that the Bills were someone their own size.
- The Tribune’s Vaughn McClure gives you the obligatory Izzy Idonije is a Canadian and played well in Canada story.
- Steve Rosenbloom is on point as usual, wondering what if the Bears hadn’t had two weeks to prepare for this 0-7 team. That’s a scary question.
- Lovie Smith moved his mouth in front of a microphone after the game, but not sure anything really meaningful came out:
- CSN Chicago’s Moon Mullin handed out grades for the Bears. The only letter that really matters is W.
- The Daily Herald’s Mike Imrem thinks the Bears are survivors, just like their coach (for now):
The Bears are a reflection of their head coach: Lovie Smith is a survivor struggling to save his job and so far his team is surviving while trying to save their season.
- In case you want to read the company propaganda piece, check this out.
That’s good enough for now. Happy Monday!