By now I hope you have all read my Fantasy Football Strategies in a Post-Lockout World rant. If you haven’t then you might think I am more off my rocker than usual with my first mock draft of the year. I want to preface that this mock draft is based on rosters as they currently exist today, as in PRE-free agency and is based on a 10-team, PPR league. Once this lockout is finally lifted and free agency begins, this v1.0 mock draft will drastically change and I will update it with v1.1 and hopefully add a round in v2.0 and yet another in v3.0, but you get the point. Meet me on the other side for v1.0…
- Arian Foster, RB, Houston – The league’s leading rusher returns with his offense in tact, namely his signal caller, Matt Schaub, which is the primary reason you see him at # 1.
- Adrian Peterson, RB, Minnesota – Okay, AP is that good that despite inexperience at the QB position, he has the track record to remain in the top 2.
- Jamaal Charles, RB, Kansas City – Thomas Jones is a year closer to being shown the door and this kid has what it takes to remain in the top 3 fantasy RB discussion for a while.
- Chris Johnson, RB, Tennessee – Rumors of him holding out, NO QB experience on the current roster and the fact that he is down statistically across the board make #4 the highest I could put him in this mock.
- Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay – As much as it pains me, I think Rodgers takes another step in making Gramps a distant memory for Packer fans.
- LeSean McCoy, RB, Philadelphia – This is where round 1 gets tricky for me, but you can’t deny McCoy’s ability to be electric in the Philadelphia offense.
- Phillip Rivers, QB San Diego – Sure his throwing motion looks silly and he pouts about as well as Jay Cutler, but he got alot out of a rag tag bunch of WRs last year and assuming VJax stays in Sunny D, he could post similar if not better stats.
- Matt Forte, RB, Bears – Sure, I am a homer, but there has been a lot of discussion about Forte on our blog. I happen to believe in him as a player, but also because I think he is going to get every chance to get to at least 300 touches.
- Ray Rice, RB, Baltimore – I believe TD vulture McGahee will be released after the lockout is over, which could move Ray Rice up, but right now, he is a solid pick at #9.
- Tom Brady, QB, New England – Things get better with age and I think Brady is sensing that he needs to get to another Superbowl pronto and is primed to have a huge year.
Where the hell are these guys?
- Michael Vick, QB, Philadelphia – Led a lot of leagues in fantasy scoring last year, but another year older and another year for defenses to adjust to him and I predict a drop in his stats.
- Frank Gore, RB, San Francisco – Scary injury last year; needs to prove he is healed.
- Steven Jackson, RB St. Louis – Mr. Do It All for the Rams, but he just isn’t getting into the end zone enough for me to put him in round 1.
- Peyton Manning, QB, Indianapolis – Stud, no doubt about it, but for my money Rodgers, Rivers and Brady are better options for round 1.
- Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans – See Peyton Manning comment above.
- Maurice Jones-Drew, RB, Jacksonville – Rashard Jennings came on strong last year and I fear this could be a dreaded RBBC situation.
- Michael Turner, RB, Atlanta – Seemed sluggish last year, but definitely could see him going in round 1 of a draft, just not my v1.0 mock.
Alright kids, have at me…
CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?!?!?!?!
The DeCon has spoken, so let it be written, so let it be done…