The Bears wrap up their preseason schedule by hosting the Cleveland Browns on Thursday night. All preseason games are meaningless, but the last preseason game is especially a waste of time. The key guys like Urlacher and Cutler will be sitting and if they’re not, they should be. Here are the few things I’ll be watching and saying goodbye to:
- Caleb Hanie – hopefully Thursday is the last time we see Hanie this season. If that’s the case, it’s because Cutler has stayed healthy and the offensive line is doing their job. If Mike Martz has his way, Hanie might not be coming back next season, so this could be goodbye.
- Bid farewell to Chester Taylor after one worthless yet very expensive season. Unless of course the Bears miscommunicated their intention to play him. Why would I think that?
- Bubble boys Marcus Harrison, Mario Addison and Nick Reed are duking it out for possibly one spot. Someone tell Harrison it’s a chicken leg and he might just have a shot.
- The Soldier Field turf – another thing that will be gone after Thursday night; the turf will get ripped out and replaced before the regular season opener on 9/11 when the Falcons come to town.
- The stupid preseason. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?!?!