For the first time this season, I can watch ALL my fantasy players on my GameMix courtesy of the NFL Package on DirecTv since I have to wait until Monday for the Bears…LOVE IT!!! Rough week for the DeCon’s teams last week and I certainly hope you faired better. Check out who I like and who I don’t (besides Boomer)…on the other side…
Guys I Like
- Mike Williams @ San Francisco – I believe Williams is beginning to find his way a bit in his sophomore season. His productivity has been increasing and I look for him to finally get to paydirt this week.
- Sidney Rice @ NY Giants – I will go on record and say I believe the Seahawks have no chance in this game, however, Rice and Tavaris Jackson have a connection dating back to their Vikings day and since I expect the Seahawks to be down big, I could see a lot of throwing by TJax to Rice in the second half. Lest we forget the Giants passing D is is the bottom half of the league.
- Ahmad Bradshaw vs Seattle – Seattle has actually been fairly stingy against the run, but this pick is predicated by the fact that Brandon Jacobs may miss the game or not be 100%. More touches for Bradshaw??? YES PLEASE!!!
- Owen Daniels vs Oakland – With Matt Schaub missing his #1 target in Andre Johnson, I expect most of the slack to be picked up by Owen Daniels, who is quietly having a great year as a top 8 TE. Imagine what he can do with even more targets?
- Shonn Greene @ New England – I know I am still one of the few Greene believers, but consider this…Rex Ryan has come out to state that he wants to get back to a ground and pound style of offense AND the New England D is letting up the 2nd most points to fnatasy RBs this season AND they will be without MLB Jerod Mayo this week (and for a while), SO…I think Greene could be a sneaky play that many people will leave on their bench.
Guys I Don’t Like
- Brandon Lloyd vs San Diego – If you have been with me all season, you know I have not been a Lloyd supporter at all. This week against the 5th ranked Charger pass D, I think he will prove me right again.
- Michael Turner vs Green Bay – I think this game has shootout written all over it. Green Bay boasts the league’s 2nd best D vs the run and Turner is not a factor in the passing game. Look for a better matchup here.
- Matt Hasselbeck @ Pittsburgh – I expect this game to be low-scoring and close. Don’t expect the Steelers pass rush to slow that much even without James Harrison. The Steelers D might be leaky versus the run this week, but they will keep Hasselbeck in check.
- LeGarrette Bount @ San Francisco – I think Tampa will be able to throw on the 49ers, but the 49ers have been shutting people down on the ground and this dates back to last season. If Blount doesn’t get going early, he doesn’t get going at all.
- Matthew Stafford vs Bears – The Bears have broken Stafford a couple times before. While I don’t wish harm on anyone, I don’t think Stafford has faced a defense a disciplined as the Bears. This of course assumes a healthy Chris Harris. If the Hitman is not out there, all bets are off, because if I have to see Major Liability and/or Chris Can’teCover line up in our secondary ever again, I will puke.
Hit me at [email protected] or @DeCon76 with your lineup questions.
CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?!?!?!?!
The DeCon has spoken, so let it be written, so let it be done…