My apologies guys for being away last week. Mrs. DeCon was away and I was holding down the fort with my 3 little Bears each running in different directions. Needless to say, this Papa Bear had a tiring weekend. But, week 7 is upon us so check out my picks, which are gonna dig a little deep because 6 teams are on a bye…on the other side…
Guys I Like
- DeMarco Murray vs St. Louis – the St. Louis D hasn’t stopped anyone on the ground this season. In fact they are dead last in the league against the run, allowing an average of nearly 162 yards on the ground. With Felix Jones out for at least a couple weeks, look for Murray to get the lion’s share of work and excel this week against the Lambs.
- Mark Ingram vs Indianapolis – I think the rookie turns a corner this week and has a huge game against an Indy D that has allowed an average of more than 136 yards on the ground and 7 TDs. New Orleans will go up big quick and let Ingram run wild in the second half to ice the game. Only bad thing about this is it will make Boomer feel like he is a legit RB2 and further expand the gap we have in our ongoing (albeit one-sided from me) trade negotiations to help his RB spot.
- Tim Tebow @ Miami - Well, the Tebocalypse is upon us and what better way to get things started, but on Gator Day in Miami. In his one half of work before the bye Tebow accounted for 2 TDs against a decent San Diego defense. With a bye week and the hapless Dolphins on the docket, Tebow is a solid starter this week.
- Greg Little vs Seattle – Seattle boasts a solid run defense and I will expand on that below, but their pass defense is highly suspect and Little is coming on and fitting well into the number 1 role in Cleveland. With a bye week under his belt, I expect Little and McCoy to connect on multiple occassions this weekend.
- Fred Davis @ Carolina – Rex is no longer the QB and the best friend of a new QB coming in is his TE. That and the fact that Chris Cooley is dinged and that Davis is that good should reap you some huge rewards.
Guys I Don’t Like
- Montario Hardesty vs Seattle – As I mentioned, Seattle pass defense is suspect, but their run defense is good enough to be 8th in the league. For those of you who may have pimped the Peyton Hillis owners out there and picked up Hardesty, caveat emptor, or buyer beware, this week anyway.
- Maurice Morris vs Atlanta – I know he was a hot add this week with Jahvid Best being concussed, but remember that he is 31 years old and is only averaging 2.2 yards per game this season, albeit in limited work. That said, the Lions are a passing team and I suspect that Keiland Williams could be the RB to get in Detroit if Best’s concussed state lingers. There are already rumors that some in the Best camp are advising him to sit out the season. Williams is in his second year in the league and is 230 lbs and will likely get the goal line carries. He impressed in limited duty with Washington last year where he scored 5 TDs and had a 4.0 YPA on the ground.
- Brandon Marshall vs Denver – Sure, Marshall wants to show up the team that traded him a couple years ago, but with Champ Bailey in his hip pocket, expect his self-proclaimed “Monster” image to fall short again. He is dead to me.
- James Starks/Ryan Grant @ Minnesota – Last week looked like a week for Green Bay to go up big and run the clock out in the second half with one or both of these RBs. Well, only one of these things happened and it wasn’t in favor of the running game. Green Bay is just too pass happy to trust either of these guys unless you have some real bye week issues.
- Earnest Graham vs Bears – Gold ol’ Earnie was a mainstay on a couple team in my past…a LONG time ago…and we all saw what the Bears D was able to do to Adrian Peterson last week. I am drinking the kool-aid and want to say the Bears D may have turned a corner.
Hit me at [email protected] or @DeCon76 with any lineup questions.
CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?!?!?!?!
The DeCon has spoken, so let it be written, so let it be done…