This is going to be a really rapid reaction because we’ve got some family stuff this afternoon. I’ll post a more in-depth reaction post tonight, so tune back in later tonight.
The Bears looked pretty dominant for about 3 quarters before the Bucs stormed back in the 4th quarter, but their comeback bid came up a bit short as the Bears defense stiffened when it needed.
A few quick notes:
- Matt Forte – just amazing. 25 rushes for 145 yards rushing and another 38 yards through the air on 2 catches.
- Best game of the season by Roy Williams. Even with a drop and a few bobbles, he ended the day with 4 catches for 59 yards and a TD.
- Bonus points for ex-Cowboys as Marion Barber adds 6 rushes for 39 yards an a TD.
- Cutler was just OK. He finished the day 17/32 for 226 with a TD and 2 picks. It’s good for him the Bucs’ DB’s are worse at catching than his own wide receivers. They dropped a couple of sure picks.
- Bears defense was terrific through most of the game until they went to the prevent late, letting the Bucs climb back into it.
- Bears linebackers had a helluva game. Both Briggs and Urlacher notched interceptions.
- Chris Conte might be a player. He added an interception and had a nice pass defensed on a trick play.
- Robbie Gould had a rare miss on a 41-yard FG attempt. Must be the time change.
So much for the whole controversy with the Bears traveling late in the week. The better team won. More to follow on a nice Bears win, heading to a Week 8 bye. Have a safe trip home boys!