Busy day gang, so let me get right to it. There are 2 types of teams in your leagues now…the teams with an inside track to make the playoffs and teams that need to do work to get in. My simple advice, if you have the inside track to make the playoffs, don’t worry to much about trying to make deals unless you have a glaring need at a position and you can easily find a trading partner with a strength in that area. Don’t force it! If you have work to do…do work and be willing to make deals. It doesn’t matter if you are trading for guys on someone else’s bench even if you have to give up guys you “think” are studs. You aren’t trading names for names, you are trading points with the hope of acquiring more points to fit into a finite lineup. It is as simple as that. There is no reason for a team to have 2 extra decent RBs they can’t start if they could deal one to shore up, say, their WR position. Don’t overvalue the guys on your roster and you’ll be fine. Now, check out my picks for this week…on the other side…
Guys I Like
- DeMarco Murray vs Buffalo – this guy keeps showing up on my list, but some of you might be waiting for the other shoe to drop on him, so I want to reiterate, this kid can play. Now that he is being factored into the passig game, the sky’s the limit.
- Mike Tolbert/Ryan Matthews vs Oakland – If you saw old Willis McGahee running wild last week, you know he was doing it to the porous Oakland defense. You are fine to roll with either Charger RB this week. If you have them both, slight nod to Tolbert since Matthews is just coming back from yet another injury, but supposedly he is good to go tonight.
- Chris Johnson @ Carolina – CJ2K showed last week he has a pulse. For those of you who benched him last week, you didn’t miss out on a ton of points, but he needs to get active again in your leagues this week facing the 32nd ranked defense in the NFL that is allowing the most fantasy points to opposing RBs.
- Roy Helu @ Miami – The Redskins are a dumpster fire, but Shanny appears to be willing to take the trainng wheels off this kid and let him run. I expect big things from Helu this week. Probably not exactly what he did last week, but close to 100 yards on the ground and a TD to go along with a handful of receptions is definitely doable.
- Jacksonville DST @ Indy – I will throw a little curve ball here, since I am RB heavy on the like side. The Jags are coming off a bye and are quietly 5th and 8th in the league in yards and points against respectively. These are 2 things the Colts struggle to do…gain yards and score points, so I expect the Jags to be a solid fantasy play this week.
Guys I Don’t Like
- Reggie Bush vs Washington – Bush was one a few guys who killed me last week, but he has yet to put together 2 solid weeks in a row and Daniel Thomas is healthy and will be getting the goal line carries. Queue the next Reggie Bush injury in 3…2…1…
- Larry Fitzgerald @ Philadelphia – Bears fans got to see how tough the Philly DBs can be firsthand last week. But some of you are saying, “DeCon, what about Earl Bennett?” True, Bennett had a great game last week versus Philly, but he was playing from the slot position, not on the outside like Fitz. Add to that a Skelton at QB and you could have a rough day with this formerly no-brainer, must-start stud.
- Maurice Morris @ Bears – Shady McCoy had some positive plays against the Bears, but he wasn’t entirely Full On Shady on Monday night. Mo Morris is a lot older and a lot slower. If the Lions are gonna move the ball on the Bears, it won’t be on the ground.
- Tim Tebow @ Kansas City – Ok, Tebow has been relatively effective from a fantasy perspective, but I think it is only a matter of time before he gets solved by NFL D coordinators. That read-option is not gonna work against KC in Arrowhead. Start Tebow at your own risk this week.
- Brandon Lloyd @ Cleveland – If you have been around these parts for a while, you know I have no fantasy love for Lloyd. This week, he will likely draw Joe Haden from Cleveland who has proven more than up to the task against some good NFL WRs. Plus, I just think this is going to be grind ‘em out running affair from both sides. Something is making me feel like it will be 17-14 with both running games dominating the day.
That’s all for this week. Hit me a [email protected] or @DeCon76 on Twitter.
CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?!?!?!?!
The DeCon has spoken, so let it be written, so let it be done…