I am one of those lucky guys who happens to share his birthday with that guy that is Tebowed to every week by the NFL’s most polarizing player in history. Yep, I am a Christmas baby. So, since I have always missed out on a “traditional birthday” because I didn’t have another random day of the year on which I could get presents, I figured I would appeal to Santa’s sense of fairness and add some things to my list. I too will be fair, realizing Santa won’t have a chance to pack all these asks in his sleigh for delivery this year…see what’s on my list…on the other side…
2011 started off wonderfully coming off of an excellent Christmas where I got everything I could have wanted. Of course, I didn’t realize I was supposed to SPECIFICALLY ask for the Beloved to win the NFC Championship game and resulting Superbowl, but I am willing to forgive and forget if you can add these things to my list for sometime in the next 12-14 months:
- A Jay Cutler interception in the red zone. I know it might sound silly, but I can take solace in knowing we have a competent QB who makes a mistake from time to time among many brilliant plays that leave me in awe. I would much rather prefer this to the completely incompetent, train-wreck QBs we currently have who happen to fall into a decent play from time to time among many interceptions, sacks and general ick.
- A happy Matt Forte. I know Matt isn’t asking for a franchise tag for Christmas, but let’s just hope he is happy with the one Angelo and company have fitted for him.
- Draft picks that fill needs. The really good teams can get away with drafting the best players regardless of positions, because those teams find ways to use them. Santa, we aren’t that good and/or we are getting incredibly thin at critical positions like LB, DB and WR.
- A veteran backup QB who knows how to spike the ball. Santa, if you saw the Raiders game, you should have known then that a QB who can’t properly spike the ball to stop the clock and give his team one more chance, really has no business in the NFL. One NFC Championship rally fallen short does not an adequate backup QB make.
- Meaningful football games for the Beloved in January 2013. It would be easy to ask for a Superbowl, but I don’t want to ask for too much and judging how obvious that was what I wanted last year and you let me down…I only ask that you extend my holiday season next year into, at least, late January and a game in February would be GREAT!
Kindest regards always,
P.S. Since the Beloved have no chance of getting to the big game this year, can you please see it in your heart to let the Packers get there to face the Denver Broncos and let them get Tebowed?!?!?!?!?
What do you think of my list? As a Bears fan who feels like Rudolph donkey kicked you in the side of the head for the last 4 weeks, what do you want to ask for from Santa? Add your wish list items to the comments and we will make sure they get to the North Pole in time!!!
CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?!?!?!?!
The DeCon has spoken, and he says…MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS!!!