I know the number of people reading fantasy football posts is dwindling, but I must carry on for one more week to give the few among us playing for a ‘ship this week some insights from my ever-cluttered mind. I have a little different format for this week, so check it out…on the other side…
- C.J. Spiller vs Denver -OR- Santana Moss vs Minnesota – I have to go with Spiller in this situation and it is for two reasons. First, Spiller is hot and you always want to ride the hot hand when they are at the RB position due to workload. Second, Denver ranks in the bottom half of the league in fantasy points allowed to opposing RBs…didn’t Marion Barber just have a decent day against them before…I can’t relive it. Also, a third reason for fun, can you reasonably stake your Championship life on the arm of Rex Grossman? I can see Moss as an upside play, but you would have to be stacked at your other positions.
- Eli Manning @ NY Jets -OR- Ben Roethlisberger vs St. Louis – If you were lucky enough to have started Eli last week and survived that abysmal outing, go ahead and roll dice on him this week. I expect him to bounce back in an ultra-important game in the Big Apple that will have the city divided. As bad as Eli’s numbers were at least 2 of his picks were tipped balls and he also had 2 sure TDs dropped. There hasn’t been any QB not named Rodgers, Brees or Brady who has been as consistent as Eli, so feel confident rolling with him.
- Steven Jackson @ Pittsburgh -OR- Jonathan Stewart vs Tampa Bay – SJax had a very solid game last week for not scoring a TD (in a PPR format), but Captain Checkdown Kellen Clemens will have his hands full against a Pitt D looking to avenge its tussle with Alex Smith, so SJax could lose out. Roll with Stewart here against the awful TB D which is allowing nearly 29 points a week to opposing RBs.
- Titans DST vs Jacksonville -OR- Patriots DST vs Miami – The Titans D sucked last week vs the formerly winless Colts and the Pats were able to hold the Mile High Messiah in check. This week though, I like the Titans D to create more opportunities to produce points for your fantasy squad. The Titans D just seems like a powder keg about to go off and after last week’s embarrasment, I think they atone for it at home this week versus a one dimensional Jags team.
- Julio Jones @ New Orleans -OR- A.J. Green vs Arizona – These two rookie WRs have impressed the heck out of me this year. Both are supremely talented and are in offenses where they can excel. This week, however, I have to give the nod to Julio because I expect that Monday night date witht he Saints will produce a lot of scoring and because A.J. has a shoulder issue. He appears like he is going to give it a go because the Bengals need this game to keep pace for the playoffs in the AFC, but I am going to go with the healthier guy for my Championship this week.
What FINAL DECISIONS are you facing this week? Let me know in the Comments or email me at [email protected] or hit me up on Twitter @DeCon76.
CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?!?!?!?!
The DeCon has spoken, so let it be written, so let it be done…