The Bears made their final cuts to get to the 53-man limit in time for Friday night’s 8PM deadline. We already discussed some of the early cuts this afternoon, but here is a full list of players that were released to get to the 53-man limit:
- QB Josh McCown
- RB Armando Allen
- WR’s Rashied David, Terriun Crump, Brittan Golden, Joe Anderson
- TE Brandon Venson
- OL James Brown, Corey Brandon, Ricky Henry, A.J. Greene
- DL Jordan Miller, Aston Whiteside, Chauncey Davis
- LB’s Xavier Adibi, Jabara Williams
- DB’s Jonathan Wilhite, Greg McCoy, Isaiah Frey, Cornelius Brown, Mark LeGree
DT Nate Collins was moved to the suspended list to serve a one game suspension.
Fullback Tyler Clutts was going to be released, but the Bears found a trading partner in the Houston Texans, who sent over former NU cornerback Sherrick McManis.
Players that were released could be eligible for the practice squad, which will get put together on Saturday. Even for guys that made the cut Friday, things will be a little shaky, as the Bears pick through other teams’ trash to see if they can find some treasure. Amobi Okoye is expected to be brought in on a 1-year deal after he was cut by the Bucs.