If you watched the New England Patriots take the field Sunday it looked too easy, it’s as if Tom Brady and company are just jumping on the plane for a business trip. They may not be the greatest team this season, but they go out with a business approach and dissect the opponents weakness and then exploit it. There defense played better then expected and totally shut down Chris Johnson, putting his come back season on hold for a week. After their Week 1 win they enter at the top spot! Here’s the rankings!
1. New England(1-0)- It really shouldn’t be that easy to win on the road in the NFL
2. Denver (1-0)- Hello Peyton, Hello Super Bowl talk after one week
3. San Francisco (1-0)- Total domination of the Packers. Alex Smith looked very good!
4. Dallas (1-0) – First team to beat the defending Super Bowl champ in more than a decade on opening day
5. Atlanta (1-0) This offense could be scary good. Julio Jones starting his pro bowl season with 2TD
6. Houston (1-0) Defense swallowed up Miami and Oh ya their offense is good too
7. Chicago (1-0) Did what they were suppose to do. Real test is Thursday
8. Green Bay (0-1) Defense looks shaky. Shoot-outs will be a plenty this year
9. Detroit (1-0) Stafford looked shaky until last drive. Half empty or Half full?
10. Washington (1-0) RGIII looked pretty good… future looks bright
11. Baltimore (1-0) No huddle offense makes Ravens fun to watch
12. Tampa Bay (1-0) Totally shut down Cam Newton
13. New Orleans (0-1) Will need to adjust quickly without their coaches. Too much offense to lose games
14. Arizona (1-0) Someone will need to challenge the 49ers
15. Pittsburgh (0-1) Big Ben played good except for pick 6. Big week 2 matchup versus the Jets
16. NY Giants (0-1) They never play good in September, but they better not fall to far behind
17. NY Jets (1-0) Calm Down!! You beat Buffalo!!!
18. San Diego (1-0) Finally a good start to a season?
19. Philadelphia – That is as ugly as a win as possible. It was so much #$#$&@@ fun sitting next to an Eagles fan at Buffalo Wild Wings (shameless plug) all game.
20. Cincinnati (0-1) They aren’t going to sneak up on anybody this season.
21. Minnesota (1-0) Having Peterson back helps Ponder. Great comeback after giving up TD with only seconds remaining
22. KC Chiefs (0-1) Offense looked good, defense not so much
23. Seattle (0-1) Russell Wilson had two td passes dropped that would have won the game
24. Oakland (0-1) Poor Special Teams cost them in Week 1
25. St. Louis Rams (0-1) Defense played great all day until last series. Offense was boringly predictable all game long
26. Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1) Good news- Great TD to take lead with seconds left Bad News- Defense couldn’t hold! Gabbert looked improved
27. Carolina Panthers (0-1) Ron Rivera didn’t have his team prepared for the Bucs!
28. Miami Dolphins (0-1) Tannehill looked like a rookie especially when the line kept knocking down passes
29. Indy Colts (0-1) Luck will be good, Brown is terrible! Two really bad drop balls didn’t help Luck and the offense
30. Tennessee Titans (0-1) Very little resistance for Brady. Paging Chris Johnson anyone??
31. Cleveland Browns (0-1) Weeden was terrible Period!
32. Buffalo Bills (0-1) You made the Jets look Super which is pretty tough
Who’s your top 5? Where do you have the Bears in your power ranking? It will be exciting Thursday night to see if the Bears can seize their opportunity!