Congratulations you survived Week #1 now don’t get distracted! It’s still a long trail in survivor to get to the end of the path! Let’s look at our rules for making our week #2 pick. Map out your first quarter, try to save good teams, avoid the herd game, and avoid taking a road team at all costs.
Mapping out my first quarter- I have planned to take in the first four weeks: Chicago, New England, New Orleans, Atlanta. New Orleans next week will have to be scrutinized especially if they poorly again this week on defense.
Try to save good teams- There is only one match-up I really like this week or New England wouldn’t be used.
Avoid the Herd Game- The New York Giants at home versus Tampa Bay Bucs. Giants are more than a TD favorite but they are not a September team and even though I think the Giants will win this game I have very little confidence in the Giants.
Avoid taking road teams. Baltimore looked great Monday night but taking them on the road against Philly is dangerous
Here are my Week #2 picks for this week
1. New England- They get Arizona at home at 1pm. West coast team rarely win these match ups and very rarely against the Patriots
1. Ny Giants- I would avoid this game because the Giants play well in December and January not September
2. San Diego- Another team to avoid in September, but if Ryan Matthews play I like them a lot more
3. San Fransisco- They throttled Green Bay, if they play like that Sunday they should handle Detroit’s offense too
1. Cincinnati- Home opener should be able to turnover Weeden routinely
2. Houston- On the road against Gabbert. Houston defense should dominate, but it is on the road
Last Week- 3-0 in No-Brainer Picks!
Review of Last week
Low Confidence 0-3
Certainly, this was not my best week, but after a rough week #1 going 9-7, week#2 has nothing but bright skies and winning pick ahead this week!
Top Tier (12-16 Confidence Picks)
1. New England over Arizona
2. Houston over Jacksonville
3. NY Giants over Tampa Bay
4. Cincinnati over Cleveland
5. New Orleans over Carolina
Middle Tier (7-11 confidence picks)
1. Dallas over Seattle
2. Washington over St Louis
3. San Diego over Tennessee
4. San Fransisco over Detroit
5. Pittsburgh over NY Jets
Low Confidence (4-6 points)
1. Oakland over Miami
2. Kansas City over Buffalo
3. Minnesota over Indy
Toss-Up (1-3 confidence picks)
1. Denver upsetting Atlanta
2. Philly over Baltimore
Survive, Advance and win the cash! Good Luck in Week #2!