One week left and it seems like whomever I put on the top of this list finds a way to lose the following week. The top five teams seem to have been playing frogger at the top of this list, but they have punched their tickets to the playoffs. The Bears need to win and get help which is pretty depressing after a 7-1 start. Here is the final regular season list.
1. Atlanta Falcons (13-2) After winning most of their games in close dramatic fashion, they have been destroying teams on their way to clinching the top spot in the NFC.
2. Denver Broncos (12-3) It sure doesn’t seem like much of risk taken by Denver on Peyton Manning now does it?
3. Green Bay Packers (10-4) They need to win to get a shot at a bye week which is the best news for Bears fans that there is!
4. Seattle Seahawks (10-5) Next to the Broncos, this is the hottest team in the NFL and they are dismantling defenses with ease.
5. Houston Texans (12-3) They picked a bad week to play like the old Texans
6. New England Patriots (11-4) They slept walked through the Jags game, they will be a tough out in the AFC as usual.
7. Baltimore Ravens (10-5) Two totally different teams decided by the venue. They are a one and done playoff team.
8. SF 49ers (10-4-1) Colin isn’t playing that great anymore. Alex Smith paging Alex Smith.
9. Minnesota Vikings (9-6) The most shocking team this season with the most shocking comeback in Peterson.
10. Washington Redskins (9-6) The second most shocking team in the NFL.
11. Indy Colts (10-5) The third most shocking team in the NFL and by far the most inspirational.
12. Cincy Bengals (9-6) What a huge win against their nemesis in Pittsburgh.
13. Chicago Bears (9-6) They never should be in this position without being able to control their own fate.
14. Dallas Cowboys (8-7) Another game slipped through their fingers. Sean Payton anyone?
15. NY Giants (8-7) Eli did not play very well down the stretch which killed them. This team only steps up when Coughlin’s job is on the line.
16. St Louis Rams (7-7-1) This will be a team to watch out for in 2013. Fisher has done a great job.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-8) A year to forget in the Steel City.
18. New Orleans Saints (7-8) The non playoff team that could go deep into the playoffs next year if Payton returns to the sidelines in the Big Easy.
19. Miami Dolphins (7-8) They seem to always be stuck around .500 hopefully Tannehill is something for them to build on but he needs some real receivers.
20. NY Jets (6-9) They really messed up this season. Their defense isn’t getting better under Ryan either.
21. Carolina Panthers (6-9) They are playing really good football with nothing to lose, but will it be enough to save Rivera’s job.
22. Tampa Bay Bucs (6-9) After a few good weeks Josh Freeman and Doug Martin have fell back to average.
23. Cleveland Browns (5-10) They seem to be on the right track, another good draft could push the youngest team in the NFL to the playoffs next year.
24. San Diego Chargers (6-9) Is Phillip Rivers good? Will he respond to a new voice?
25. Buffalo Bills (5-10) It’s hard to believe this franchise went to four straight Super Bowls, they have been bad for a long time.
26. Tennessee Titans (5-10) They really know how to put out the welcome matt to teams visiting Nashville!
27. Arizona Cardinals (5-10) Their offense minus Fitzgerald is unwatchable.
28. Detroit Lions (4-11) Congrats to Megatron.
29. Philly Eagles (4-11) Such high expectations every season yet very little success since Mike Vick arrived.
30. Oakland Raiders (4-11) After watching them play you have question how they possibly won four football games!
31. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-13) Tim Tebow will be the starting QB next year. right?
32. KC Chiefs (2-13) A season to forget is an understatement.