It’s almost funny to think how people were skeptical that the Broncos let Tim Tebow leave and bring in an injured Peyton Manning. The skeptics were out when they lost a few early on but after running off 11 straight wins the only talk is will Peyton win another MVP award. Here is this week’s final regular season ranking.
1. Denver Broncos (13-3) The only question will be will Manning be able to lead the Broncos to the Super Bowl or will he come up short like he did far too many times in Indy.
2. New England Patriots (12-4) We could be getting ready for another Manning vs Brady rematch.
3. Atlanta Falcons (13-3) Will this be the season that Matt Ryan and crew turn the corner or will the stumble again in the playoffs.
4. Houston Texans (12-4) They really needed the bye week, but could they make a run after disappointment like the Cardinals did a few years back?
5. Green Bay Packers (11-5) They need to figure out how to stop A.P. if they do they could be in New Orleans in February.
6. SF 49ers (11-4-1) I’m not excited about their chances, but defenses win championships.
7. Seattle Seahawks (11-5) If they had home field advantage, this would be my pick. There offense is red hot at the right time.
8. Indy Colts (11-5) If you don’t have a rooting interest left in the playoffs, this is the best story of the year!
9. Baltimore Ravens (10-6) This team is hard to figure out and their defense isn’t good enough anymore to carry them as far as it use to.
10. Minnesota Vikings (10-6) Ponder will have to make some plays in Lamebeau for them to advance. A.P. is great but not good enough by himself for a road playoff win.
11. Cincy Bengals (10-6) Can Andy and AJ shock the world in Houston Saturday?
12. Washington Redskins (10-6) Great job by Shanahan to get the most of his young stars to get to the playoffs. Will the Hogs show up this Sunday?
13. Chicago Bears (10-6) The late defensive collapse against Seattle cost them everything from the playoffs to their head coach.
14. NY Giants (9-7) They could be world beaters or total stinkers which is why they are home for the playoffs.
15. Dallas Cowboys (8-8) They are a .500 team under Jason Garrett. Not shocking that they ended 8-8?!?
16. St Louis Rams (7-8-1) This team is just a playmaker on the outside away from being a really good team. Jackson has a lot of mileage though.
17. New Orleans Saints (7-9) They will be a 2013 playoff team period. Welcome back Coach!
18. Pittsburgh Steelers (8-8) I predicted an average season and they produced it! This is a team getting old.
19. Cleveland Browns (5-11) The youngest team in the league, they were in almost every game this season. Another good draft could push them close to the playoffs next year.
20. Carolina Panthers (7-9) After a horrible first half, Cam and company turned things around to get back to respectability.
21. Tampa Bay Bucs (7-9) Freeman must find some sort of consistency. He’s either great or really bad.
22. Miami Dolphins (7-9) Tannehill proved that his selection was justified. Now management needs to get him some real weapons.
23. NY Jets (6-10) Not quite sure how Ryan kept his job except for the fact that he has 2 years left on his contract.
24. Buffalo Bills (6-10) Besides the Bears job this could be the best coaching job available if they fix the QB position.
25. Detroit Lions (4-12) A terrible off-season followed by a worse season. Too much talent on both sides of the ball for that record.
26. Philly Eagles (4-12) This is why you don’t build through free agency.
27. Tennessee Titans (6-10) They were blown out a lot. Locker doesn’t look like the long term answer in Nashville.
28. San Diego Chargers (7-9) Like the Lions this teams should not be out of the playoffs. Rivers has been too turnover prone the past two seasons.
29. Arizona Cardinals (5-11) Nothing like a 1-11 finish to run off your coach. 3 of the coaches fired in the NFC were Super Bowl losing coaches.
30. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-14) Tim Tebow Time!!
31. KC Chiefs (2-14) Welcome to Rock Bottom.
32. Oakland Raiders (4-12) The 2000′s- A committment to losing! With no end in sight!