It’s mock draft time Bears fans! Since the Senior Bowl is going on (and my boss at the FanSided mother ship made this assignment mandatory), I figured it’s as good a time as any to dive into the Mock Draft pool. Grab your (Bear) goggles and dive in with me.
1. Kansas City Chiefs – Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
Andy Reid lived through a poor offensive line in Philadelphia and won’t do it again. He gets a surefire starting left tackle.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars – Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
The Blaine Gabbert experiment is over. The Jags take another swipe at the top quarterback prospect in this year’s draft.
3. Oakland Raiders – Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
The Raiders need to beef up their run defense so a stout defensive tackle is a great place to start.
4. Philadelphia Eagles – Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
The Eagles need to beef up their line and Fisher is flying up draft boards, so they’ll nab this hot prospect.
5. Detroit Lions – Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
It’s tough to believe the Lions need another defensive linemen but with Kyle Vanden Bosch on the way out, they dip into the well again.
6. Cleveland Browns – Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
The Browns might have the pieces coming together on offense, so they turn to the defense and get one of the top pass rushers in this draft.
7. Arizona Cardinals – Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
The Cardinals need to overhaul their entire offensive line, so they’ll jump at the chance to grab the top lineman from the best offensive line in the nation.
8. Buffalo Bills – Mike Glennon, QB, NC State
The Bills have gone about as Ryan Fitzpatrick is going to take them.
9. New York Jets – Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU
The Jets need to bring back the pass rush and Mingo will fit the bill.
10. Tennessee Titans – Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
The Titans can’t pass up on a top defensive end talent like Moore.
11. San Diego Chargers – Manti Te’o, LB, Notre Dame
The Chargers are not scared off by the fake girlfriend hoax fiasco and take a guy they hope can be their next Junior Seau.
12. Miami Dolphins – Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
The Dolphins were surprising under Joe Philbin but need a legit WR to make that offense go. Too bad they had one they traded to the Bears. Thanks suckers!
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
Did I mention that this has become a passing league? If the Bucs want to compete against Matt Ryan, Drew Brees and Cam Newton, they need a top CB.
14. Carolina Panthers –Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
The Panthers need a stout run defender to hold up at the point of attack.
15. New Orleans Saints – Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
The Saints’ defense was pretty lousy last season, so they look to bolster that side of the ball.