Week 9 of the NFL season is in the rear view mirror and a couple of the top dogs got a little scare, but came out on the winning side of the ledger. The Chiefs get their bye week to prepare for a showdown with the Denver Broncos as the ’72 Dolphins have the champagne on ice.
Here are my NFL Power Rankings heading into Week 10:
32. Jacksonville Jaguars (0-8) (Last week: 32) With Justin Blackmon suspended for the rest of the season, things continue to get worse.
31. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-8) (31) The good news? They forced OT against the mighty Seahawks in Seattle. The bad news? They blew a 21 point lead in the process.
30. Minnesota Vikings (1-7) (30) I wonder what Leslie Frazier will be doing next season?
29. New York Giants (2-6) (29) Will look to build on a 2-game winning streak when the Raiders come a-callin’ in Week 10.
28. Pittsburgh Steelers (2-6) (28) Dick LeBeau’s once mighty defense was just what the struggling Patriots offense needed.
27. Houston Texans (2-6) (25) Piss poor season gets put into immediate perspective when head coach Gary Kubiak suffers a mini-stroke on the way to halftime. Speedy recovery!
26. Atlanta Falcons (2-6) (24) The freefall continues.
25. Buffalo Bills (3-6) (23) If only they stopped the games at halftime, they would have pulled off a huge upset.
24. Philadelphia Eagles (4-5) (26) Nick Foles with 7 TD passes? Really?
23. Washington Redskins (3-5) (27) Great goal line stand helped them force OT and pull off a win. Can they make another late-season surge in an awful NFC East?