Week 13 is behind us and we’re into December football, where the Contenders separate themselves from the Pretenders. Let’s see how the latest Power Rankings shake out.
32. Houston Texans (2-10) (Last week 32) Could you imagine Clowney and Watt on the same defensive front?
31. Washington Redskins (3-9) (28) With the loss, they’re mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.
30. Atlanta Falcons (3-9) (31) Hey, they’re 1-0 in Canada.
29. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-9) (27) I’ve run out of semi-clever things to say about the Bucs.
28. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-9) (30) Dare I say the Jaguars are on fire.
27. Minnesota Vikings (3-8-1) (29) The worst thing that happened to the Bears on Sunday was Christian Ponder’s injury. Matt Cassel actually looked competent.
26. Oakland Raiders (4-8) (24) Does anyone outside of Oakland care about the Raiders?
25. Buffalo Bills (4-8) (25) My favourite (intentional Canadian spelling) highlight from the Bills game? That wacky Toronto mayor Rob Ford showed up.
24. Cleveland Browns (4-8) (23) Josh Gordon sets an NFL record with back-to-back 200 yard games, but they lost to the Jaguars at home.
23. New York Giants (5-7) (26) If only the Giants hadn’t waited until they were like 0-7 before they started to play.