Week 14 of the NFL season was EPIC to say the least. The weather was a factor in several games. From the deepest snow I’ve ever seen on a field in Philadelphia to one of the coldest games ever at Soldier Field in Chicago, from which I’ve just thawed out myself, the NFL was in all its glory. Let’s look at the latest Power Rankings to see where we stand with just three weeks left.
32. Houston Texans (2-11) (Last week 32) Could Lovie Smith turn this team around? I think he’d be a great fit.
31. Washington Redskins (3-10) (31) RGIII has been benched and it’s up to Kirk Cousins to keep the Redskins ahead of the Falcons…
30. Atlanta Falcons (3-10) (30) … for the second pick in the draft and to keep hope alive for the #1 overall.
29. Minnesota Vikings (3-9-1) (27) Instant classic in Baltimore marred by Adrian Peterson’s ankle injury. Oh, and the loss.
28. Oakland Raiders (4-9) (26) Here’s a trend for you. The Raiders have lost 13 straight games in the Eastern time zone.
27. Buffalo Bills (4-9) (25) The Bills are assured of a losing record for the ninth straight season.
26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-9) (29) The teams from Florida and hot. How hot? The Bucs and Jags…
25. Jacksonville Jaguars (4-9) (28) …have combined to go 8-2 over their last 5 games respectively.
24. Cleveland Browns (4-9) (24) If nothing else comes of this season, Josh Gordon’s emergence is a positive. I wonder when he’ll take his talents to South Beach.
23. New York Giants (5-8) (23) It’s going to be “too little, too late.” for the Giants.