Practice #2 of Chicago Bears camp is in the books and the sparks are already flying. They slap the pads on on Sunday but that didn’t stop a little skirmish from breaking out. A couple of notables are sidelined with injuries and Kyle Long is chomping at the bit to get back in action. Here’s our Day 2 Camp Notebook, bullet point style:
- Tim Jennings was sat out practice with what was later described as a quad injury. According to Marc Trestman, it’s not serious and Jennings is considered day to day.
- With Jennings sidelined, Kelvin Hayden got some extra reps at the nickel position. He took advantage of the reps with an interception of Jay Cutler in the first 11 on 11 session of the day. Don’t look now, but Hayden, coming off a season ending injury, could challenge for the reserve nickel position that Isaiah Frey held down last season.
- Shea McClellin flashed some athleticism, breaking up a pass from the Sam linebacker spot.
- Jimmy Clausen took reps with the #2 offense. By all accounts, Jordan Palmer struggled early in camp, and Clausen is taking advantage.
- Both Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery wowed the 6000+ onlookers with spectacular catches.
- Second year linebacker Khaseem Greene made a highlight reel interception of a Jordan Palmer pass. Did I mention that Palmer has struggled in practice?
Hit the Next button to go to Page 2 with info on the latest camp tussle.