Bears vs Giants Preseason Game 2 Preview
It’s just preseason, but this game could be very telling for the Chicago Bears in a few key areas. Here’s who and what I’ll be watching:
- Jay Cutler – will JC get more than a series? He might not remember his last visit to the Big Apple, especially after 9 sacks in just a half of football. We need to see him with some confidence and hopefully a relatively clean uniform.
- Lance Louis – of all the guys on the offensive line, he’s the biggest question mark. There’s a clear and easy succession plan if he doesn’t get the job done. Too many missed assignments and he’ll be back on the sidelines with Garza sliding over to guard and Chris Spencer moving to center.
- Roy Williams – he admitted he came to camp out of shape and he’s struggled to develop a chemistry with Cutler. This will be a good opportunity to show fans what they might expect from him as a “#1 wide receiver” for the Bears.
- Brian Iwuh – Iwuh steps in for Lance Briggs, who will sit out with a knee bruise. If he struggles, look for the Bears to try to fortify their paper thin linebacker depth with a vet or two.
- Bubble guys – there are a few bubble guys that will need to step up in the next 10 days to make this team. Among them are DT Marcus Harrison, wide receivers Kris Adams and Dane Sanzenbacher and fullback Eddie Williams.