Bears vs Browns Preview – What to Expect in Preseason Finale
The Bears and Browns rekindle their familiar preseason rivalry in the meaningless fourth preseason game. What can we expect?
- Don’t expect to see Jay Cutler, Matt Forte, Julius Peppers, Brandon Marshall, Lance Briggs, etc. The Bears have a few injuries but have gotten off relatively easy with anything really serious to one of their stars in games so don’t expect Lovie Smith and Co. to push their luck.
- Do expect to see a TON of the backups, especially bubble guys like Armando Allen and Lorenzo Booker, who are battling for the third running back spot.
- Do pay attention to special teams, where the back of the roster guys will be battling for those precious few roster spots.
- Do not expect to see Chris Williams in the starting lineup. I expect it’s going to be J’Marcus Webb and Chris Spencer on the left side of the Bears’ offensive line
- Do expect to see J’Webb Nation and most of his linemates. Even though most of the starters won’t be playing, the offensive line will get work. Garza and Carimi may get an early spot on the bench, but the rest of the guys should see plenty of reps.
- On the Browns side, do not expect to see rookie Brandon Weeden, who will sit this one out.
- Do expect to see Colt McCoy, who got demoted and may be getting showcased as possible trade bait.
- Do not expect to see rookie running back Trent Richardson, who’s recovering from arthroscopic knee surgery. He says he’ll be ready September 9th. Sound familiar?
- Do not expect to see Bulls’ center Joakim Noah:
Let’s get the hell out of Cleveland in one piece and get ready for the start of the regular season.