Mandatory Credit: Dennis Wierzbicki-USA TODAY Sports
It’s Bears vs Jets on Monday Night Football to cap off another great week of football. I’m still not sure which team to expect week to week. The Bears showed up flat in their Week 1 loss to the Buffalo Bills, but then ended up rallying from a big deficit on the road to beat San Francisco. So who are these Chicago Bears? As we tune in on Monday night, we’ll get a much better idea.
More from Chicago Bears News
- Franchise tag and transition tag windows open for Chicago Bears and NFL
- How the Chicago Bears can control the running back market in 2023
- The Chicago Bears can own the city of Chicago moving forward
- Chicago Bears NFL Combine Preview: Quarterback
- 7 best free agent tackle options for Chicago Bears
Would the real Jay Cutler please stand up???
The Bears will go as far as Jay Cutler will take them. In Week 1, Cutler got careless with the football and it cost the Bears a victory. In Week 2, Cutler showed the poise and leadership the Bears expected when they doled out that monster 7-year contract. The Jets offer an opportunity for Cutler as their secondary is depleted and wasn’t that great to begin with. Expect Rex Ryan and Company to throw the kitchen sink at Cutler. He’s been known to cave under pressure, so if Cutler can show the poise we saw last week, the Bears can make some hay on the outside.