Most Memorable Chicago Bears Monday Night Football Games
Mandatory Credit: Kirby Lee/Image of Sport-USA TODAY Sports
As the Chicago Bears prepare to take on the New York Jets we’ll look at the Top 10 Most Memorable Chicago Bears Monday Night Football Games. Keep in mind, I don’t really have much recollection of Bears games before 1985, so if they had a really memorable one before 1985, you’ll have to correct me in the Comments.
More from Bears History
- 4 former Chicago Bears headline 2024 Hall of Fame candidates
- Chicago Bears legend Matt Forte celebrates 37th birthday
- Chicago Bears Flashback: Nick Foles fuels 4th quarter comeback
- The Chicago Bears hold this NFL record against Washington
- The six best fantasy football players to play for the Chicago Bears
The Chicago Bears have played 60 games on Monday Night Football dating back to 1970, 8th most among all NFL teams. They have a record of 24-36, for a .400 winning percentage. Their 36 losses are second only to the Miami Dolphins’ 38 losses. Their .400 winning percentage is 5th worst among all teams. Bottom line, the Bears have not fared well on MNF. Nevertheless, there are quite a few memorable games. Here are my Top 10:
#10: “The Michael Pantazis Game”
9/11/95: Packers 27 – Bears 24
Who the heck is Michael Pantazis, you ask? He wasn’t a member of the Bears or the Packers. No, Michael Pantazis was the crazy fan who jumped out of the stands to catch a kick.
It was the same game that Robert Brooks caught a 99-yard pass from Brett Favre.